1. gg
    I have heard good and bad about the software upgrade; is the rate of battery drain the biggest problem created by the upgrade? Does the upgrade fix any of the problems?

I had a 650 but got rid of it because of sync issues with outlook - the 700 has been great and I really like it.

gg
    Quote Originally Posted by gg
    I have heard good and bad about the software upgrade; is the rate of battery drain the biggest problem created by the upgrade? Does the upgrade fix any of the problems?

I had a 650 but got rid of it because of sync issues with outlook - the 700 has been great and I really like it.

gg
    Update. Update Update. That is my advice. The improvements are worth it. I haven't noticed any battery drain issues.

I reccomend though that you hard reset your device and reinstall all apps fresh. don't try any restore from backup.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    id say the update is decent......i def had the battery drain after doing it, BUT the update wipes out the "fake" active sync fix that was needed to fix the wake up problem......i spoke with a tech from palm and he advised me that i needed to do the fix again and now everything is running great....go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    id say the update is decent......i def had the battery drain after doing it, BUT the update wipes out the "fake" active sync fix that was needed to fix the wake up problem......i spoke with a tech from palm and he advised me that i needed to do the fix again and now everything is running great....go for it
    Don't know where you are getitng this info from. Even with the update I had to do the Active Sync fake profile to access the manual activesync setting.
    thats what im saying treoshmeo.....i did the fix when i first got the phone....it worked fine....then did the palm update.....upon doing the update, it wipes out those settings you originally put in when doing the first fix.....so you need to do the fix again inorder to resolve any battery issues and or other issues.....so i was told by palm on the phone that i needed to apply the fix again since the update wiped this out.....i did the exact same fix as before and my problems were resolved....no battery drain, no active sync popping up in the running programs list.........not sure what you mean by "where i am getting my info from"
    Definitely update. The phone is much more stable, and some of the quirkier bugs like disconnect following an update have been fixed. Also, it now checks multiple email accounts (no I'm not using Exchange sync 'cause my company is being a d!@$ about it!). But pulling email works just as well and there are no screen powering on issues with timed sync anymore. I really like this thing now!!