1.    #1  
    I'm interested in the Seidio Holster for my 700, and would appreciate opinions on the original (side tab release) vs the updated model with center clip release. My two main concerns are secure holding, and no scratches. Have users of the original model seen scratches from sliding the unit in and out of the holster?
    Thanks much
    I tried the original Seidio and switched to the Helix because it has a larger and tighter clip (the Seidio fell off of my belt once). I have not had a problem with scratches with either of them.
    I had the original Seidio holster for my 650. I liked it for the most part, but it scratched my Treo pretty well in the various locations that the holster makes the most contact when you slide it in and out. It also eventually broke, the clip at the top broke in half one day when I was putting my phone in - luckily I caught my phone as it fell out.

I just got the 2nd gen Seidio holster and so far it is much better IMO. It's not quite as easy to put the phone in and out, but I feel much more confident that the spring latch and the rubber they put on the inside of the holster is going to protect my Treo better.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    To my surprise Verizon has a VZW branded holster in the stores that is covered in a rubbery matterial that I am liking quite a bit... the Seidio Shield 2 Holster looks interesting as well but is almost twice as much....(get 25% off VZW accessories).
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Just checked VZW's web site and its not there...but i can take a pic if you want...
  6.    #6  
    stay away from the Verizon branded holster.
    I purchased it, and there's a very small tab that latches into the small indented area next to the SD slot. This is all that holds the phone. When I saw this, I returned it immediately, as the slightest touch of the release tab, and the phone drops out.
    VERY poorly designed.
    The original Seidio a friend has, has the same smooth finish and feel of the Verizon holder.
    Thanks for the comments everyone...I think the second generation is going to be my choice.
    I just got the Seidio Shield 2. It's sturdy and the phone is quite secure in it. Until - I had the phone horizontally on my belt. In some motion, I swiped my arm by my side and it hit the spring clip. The phone went splattering out on the floor. Luckily, no problems (yet). It's a nice holster; just be careful.
    Russ
    with the verizon holster, when you put the phone in you have to push the tab down until you hear a click. once it clicks that means it is secure. i have been using it for the past few days and it is secure as long as you put it in correctly.

with that being said i am still planning on buying the seidio holster...the one they made for the 6700 is very nice.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    yup..the way i use the vzw holster (mostly as a screen guard for when its in my pocket) im liking it...may try the sedio but it looks a bit bulkier...
  10.    #10  
    Hey...if it works for you...but take a good look at how little holds that 700 in the Verizon holster...a detent you can barely see.
    Thanks for the replies everyone
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Hmm, maybe they updated it? Even after its uncliped the phone stays in the holster rather well...actually would prefer it to come out a little easier.. as it is now it takes a bit more effort than i like to get it out of the holster after its been unclipped...
    I'll chime in on the Verizon holster. Mine fell out of the holster regularly, even though I had ensured that I "clicked" it in properly (which was an annoyance). It also scratched the device top and began to wear off the little tab next to the Sd slot whiich it needed to click the device in. I got a Seido holster (I'm not sure which model but it says PITR650 on the back) and I like it much better. It has never fallen out and is much more secure.
  13.    #13  
    Ordered the updated version, and will pass on my comment.
    Thanks everyone for the input.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hey guys... I'll tell you my sad story.

Got the Verizon holster 2 weeks ago. I liked it at first, but my Treo did fall out once, despite my attention to making sure it was clipped in. Anyhow, on Sunday I was running to my car in the torrential rain and low and behold, out comes the Treo into the street. As I reach down to get it, an oncomming car runs over it ....

I call Verizon to cash in on my insurance and "oh, sir. You declined it when you purchased the phone..." Which is complete BS, as I did not in fact decline the $4/month insurance on my $500 phone. My fault for not actually reading the fine print on the agreement.

I tried to blame it on their POS holster, but they didn't really care.... "Oh, I'm so sorry sir, that is terrible what happened to your phone, but SORRY."

Anyways, new phone, trip to Seido web site... we'll see what happens this time.

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G
    I'm interested in the Seidio Holster for my 700, and would appreciate opinions on the original (side tab release) vs the updated model with center clip release. My two main concerns are secure holding, and no scratches. Have users of the original model seen scratches from sliding the unit in and out of the holster?
    Thanks much
    Get the new seido which covers the sd card. The old one acts like a cell phone ejecter if you bump into something and hit the giant tab that holds the phone.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Anyone have picture of the Seidio Shield 2 Holster for Treo 700w other than what is here and on Seidio's site??

I'm interested in seeing what the felt protection looks like...my boss saw my new VZW holster and now wants one too but I don't want his falling out since he wears it on his belt so its much more likely for him to accidentally hit the release tab....

Anyplace have it cheaper than $29.95?
    Just fyi, ProClip has their velvet coated holster in the same design as the 650 holster. Not sure if anyone's tried it. I'm going to give it a shot when I get the 700p. I sold enough of the 650 ones with not many complaints that I remember. And I can get them to you for under $30 shipped.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have noticed a small problem with my Helix holster...I can't put it in/out of the Holster while I have the earbuds plugged into the mini-phono jack, you have to unplug it and then plug it back in once it's clipped in the Holster...anyone else have a solution for this?
  19.    #19  
    My holster arrived this week, and I have to say my biggest surprise is there is no allowance for the SD card Popped out a few times. Sad there's no learning from the past. Back to my Sena...the only pouch that doesn't press any buttons when the Treo is inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G
    My holster arrived this week, and I have to say my biggest surprise is there is no allowance for the SD card Popped out a few times. Sad there's no learning from the past. Back to my Sena...the only pouch that doesn't press any buttons when the Treo is inside.
    Paul,

Which holster model did you buy? We have several. Let me know and we'll see what we can do.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com