1.    #1  
    The arrow keys scroll one space or line horizontally and vertically. I cannot for the life of me understand why Windows Mobile scrolls one space horizontally and page up/page down using the 5-way button. Is there any way to correct this bad behavior? It makes editing emails, SMS and documents a stylus exercise every time when you've got multiple lines.
    Yes, I'd like to know the answer to this too.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    This seems to either be a WM5 or 700w specific problem. None of my former WM devices had this behavior, and it is quite annoying. I don't know of any way to fix it, but would love if someone did. Anyone that has tried other WM5 devices, do they all do this, or is it a 700w specific issue/feature.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I dont quite understand the problem. Can you give me an example of when/how this occurs, and what the problem is?

Surur
    Oh god, yes, please fix this!

surur...It's like, say you're in PIE, and you're reading a website. You hit the down button on the five-way, and it scrolls an entire page. treoshmeo (nice name) is saying how annoying it is, and how we all are wondering if there were an option to make it scroll one line at a time, like clicking the down arrow on the scrollbar would.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I dont quite understand the problem. Can you give me an example of when/how this occurs, and what the problem is?
    YOUR CURSOR IS HERE
    >*<Line 1 Text
    Line 2 Text
    Line 3 Text
    Line 4 Text
    I WANT TO GET HERE
    >*<Line 5 Text
    Line 6 Text
    Line 7 Text
    Line 8 Text
    >*<PUSHING DOWN ONCE ON THE 5-WAY PUTS ME HERE INSTEAD OF THE SAME PLACE ON LINE 2, THE FIRST CHAR SPACE ON LINE 2.

So if I want to get from the beginning of Line 1 to the beginning of Line 5 I have to scroll ALL THE F-ING WAY ACROSS LINE 1, 2, 3 AND 4 TO GET TO THE BEGINNING OF LINE 5, ONE CHARACTER SPACE AT A TIME. Pushing the down direction ont he 5 way puts you all the way on the bottom at the end of Line 8.

Amazing isn't it?
    WordToGo on POS is the same by default. It gave me one of those 'oh no!' moments until I found the option to turn it off. Just for clarity, this is system wide on the 700w, including Outlook and Word?
    In notes it scrolls one line at a time, in word mobile its one line at a time, in messaging its a page at a time, and in PIE its a page at a time. In the Programs screen its a line at a time.

I personally use Netfront 3.3, which scrolls smoothly and also jumps from link to link. Its a free beta, why dont you give it a try.

Surur
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    In notes it scrolls one line at a time, in word mobile its one line at a time, in messaging its a page at a time, and in PIE its a page at a time. In the Programs screen its a line at a time.

I personally use Netfront 3.3, which scrolls smoothly and also jumps from link to link. Its a free beta, why dont you give it a try.
    Then perhaps it is program specific. Use Outlook. There is a problem. <sigh> It must be replaced with something even more inferior that is not lacking this problem as there is no reasonably decent mail client available, at least that I have found.