1.    #1  
    I have been unable to get the on-screen controls to work when listening to voicemail. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get them to work?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heatmisr
    I have been unable to get the on-screen controls to work when listening to voicemail. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to get them to work?
    Sounds like you have the option to lock the touchscreen when a call is in progress selected. That's a good thing; pressure from your face against the screen won't make unwanted things happen when you're talking on the phone.

You can use the keyboard to access those functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by heatmisr

Thanks

They don't work if you tap them. You need to use the d-pad to use them.
  4.    #4  
    Actually, I don't have the touchscreen lock set. Sometimes I need to access my contacts during a call. It seems kind of silly to have them there if you can't use them. I have been using the regular options, 7 to delete, 9 to save, etc. My VW rep left a sales training brochure that actually totes the feature. I think I will call tech support and see what they say. I thought maybe I had a setting incorrect.

Thanks for the replies.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I just hung up with tech support. You have to use the 5-way navigator to use them. Since I rarely use the navigator button, I never thought to try that.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I do have a problem where the 5-way navigational button doesn't respond when I'm in my voice mail. It happens pretty regularly, although I don't know whats causing it.
    I've had a similar problem where the two action/menu keys will stop working and can only be invoked by using the stylus to touch the touchscreen.
    I've seen this too. Just give it a soft reset and you're back in business
    It doesn't make a lot of sense to have the on-screen controls if you have to use the D-pad to use them. It's faster to just use the number keys to navigate. The on-screen controls would be nice for those times when you happen to have the stylus out (quite often, as the case may be).
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    When I first bought my 700w, I thought the cool voicemail controls were quite useful. Now it seems like I havent seem them in over a month. Can I have disabled them by mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcarthur
    When I first bought my 700w, I thought the cool voicemail controls were quite useful. Now it seems like I havent seem them in over a month. Can I have disabled them by mistake?

Check your speed-dial entry for voice mail. There is a check box to use or not use on-screen controls.

And I love using the D-Pad to select save or delete instead of using my big thumb to press the tiny 9 or 7.