1.    #1  
    Our internet connection here at the office just went offline. I was in the middle of working on a project over the internet. So I start to see everyone walking around asking what is going on but I just enable the PDAnet connection and I'm back working. I love IT!
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I purchased PDANet a few weeks ago while on a business trip. The hotel wanted to charge $9.99 a day for net access and since I would be there for 4 days, I figured $34 for PDANet was a no-brainer.

I have used it many more times since while out in the field. It beats the heck out of trying to find a WiFi connection.
  3.    #3  
    Now everyone here wants to get a Treo 700w just for the fact that I can conenct to the internet and the speed is pretty good!
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Another reason - stickin it to the man!!! (Verizon Wireless)

Each time I connect I revel in getting back at the company that rapes its in contract customers to the tune of ~ 50 bucks a month, even at low speeds! Downloading is a special joy (but be careful).
    I agree, the only thing better than PDANet for surfing is a wireless card and free access...

--Steve
    Treo 700w Software List
    Over 285 Apps, Games and Freeware
    http://treo-700-treos.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon332
    I agree, the only thing better than PDANet for surfing is a wireless card and free access...
    Hey! That's two things!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    So I start to see everyone walking around asking what is going on but I just enable the PDAnet connection and I'm back working.
    Back working? It's your job to post on TreoCentral? Sweet!
    so if you were to use pdanet on ur 700 how fast would it DL say jus a song from itunes, on my moms dial up it take about 15-20 minutes on my girlfriends computer that has broadband it takes about 1 minutes, so compared to that how is it?(this is the best way i kno how that i can understand exactly how fast or slow it is so sorry if this is childish)
    Got Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    so if you were to use pdanet on ur 700 how fast would it DL say jus a song from itunes, on my moms dial up it take about 15-20 minutes on my girlfriends computer that has broadband it takes about 1 minutes, so compared to that how is it?(this is the best way i kno how that i can understand exactly how fast or slow it is so sorry if this is childish)
    well it would prolly take 2 min then.... im using the trial right now and its just a tad bit slower than my desktop at home..but its just about the same speed as wifi..
    One of the great things as well with pdanet is that you can also use it with a 1X connection as well. I was at a job site yesterday and needed to have access all day to check e-mail and was able to plug in my laptop and get connected. It's great.
    if the only way you connect it thru active sync, there is no way to do it thru bluetooth
    Got Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by AceMarlak
    if the only way you connect it thru active sync, there is no way to do it thru bluetooth
    Download the enwest version of PDAnet. It supports Bluetooth.
    I love PDAnet and registered it with my T600 and now my T700.

It works via USB and BT on my home laptop.

However,today I added a new BT adapter ($6 on ebay) to my office laptop and tried to get it work to no avail. It connected once via AS and then no more. It has always worked USB.

I fooled around with the software that came with it (Blue Soleil from IVT corp) putting in the phonenumber@vzw3g.com as the ID, vzw as the password and #777 as the number. , I was able to connect with PDAnet saying "Device Not Attached". AS still won't connect but I am currently dialed up via BT sending this message.

When I take PDAnet down from the device, it doesn't stay connected so PDAnet required for it to work somehow. I do like PDAnet and glad it does work via BT.
    Last edited by Beryl; 05/11/2006 at 11:39 PM.
  13.    #13  
    I haven't tried the bluetooth yet but really don't want to mess with things if it is working fine via USB. With my luck nothing will work after that esp. ActiveSync.
    im going saturday to get a laptop so im really excited about gettin the chance to use PDANet, my hopes are high so hopefully dont get let down
    Got Treo?
    Bluetooth is great but the speeds are very slow compared to the tethered connection. I forsee using that only in emergencies and quick lookups. But the tethered connection is great. I was "working" from the beach last week. I love it when people say "I'll stop by your office in a sec" and you're sipping a sangria overlooking the Pacific!
    Today Verizon came out to replace my neighbor's phone line and cut right through my Comcast cable line. It was like having a power outtage. No cable tv, no cable modem, no voip phone. I replaced my landline phone with voip so no backup dialup either. I can't live without tv *and* internet at the same time! What to do!

I downloaded pdanet onto my Treo and connected to my laptop, copied over the install program, installed it. In 2 minutes time I was back in business!!!

pdanet is da bomb :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    Today Verizon came out to replace my neighbor's phone line and cut right through my Comcast cable line.
    Wow - Verizon's competitive practices are a little over-the-top, wouldn't you agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Wow - Verizon's competitive practices are a little over-the-top, wouldn't you agree?
    hehe, yeah I was thinking the same thing.
    You don't have to have a 700w to love PDAnet. I have a 650 and use PDAnet with my laptop. Installed easily. No brain required to use it. It just works. Worth every penny.