1.    #1  
    O.K..... I got a new phone from verizon today, and I inserted my SD card with my sprite back up. When I do restore, I get duplicate icons in my programs folder for: file explorer, space reclaimer, tasks, windows media. I also go to remove programs, and I have nothing in my programs to remove. How do I remove the duplicate icons? I don't get it......
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't have a 700w, but I do want to tell you that it happens on my 650. Any program I stored in the launcher reconized folder on the sd card will show up as duplicate iconin the application launcher, even though it's already loaded into ram.
  3.    #3  
    This sucks... I cant even uncheck items on my start menu.... GRRRR... W.T.F. gives? Do I have to start from scratch, 'cause that would SUCK!
    1. Use file explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the duplicates.

2. Remove a Start Menu item via a registry editor (google "registry editor pocket pc") and delete entries here:
    \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    1. Use file explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the duplicates.

2. Remove a Start Menu item via a registry editor (google "registry editor pocket pc") and delete entries here:
    \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items
    Thanks for the advice, Beryl; I still can't eliminate the dupes...I navigated using resco, but the items were not there for me to delete. I go to start> settings> menus, I can't uncheck Contacts, help, and internet explorer. I really want those off. Incidently, these are duplicated here, along with messaging, file explorer, tasks, and windows media. Sorry to bother regarding this, and I am sure this is very easily fixed, but I can't make it happen. Please help, and I appreciate the efforts!
  6.    #6  
    Beryl,

thank you very much for the help. I was finally able to eliminate the duplicates.
  7. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am having this problem as well after a hard reset and restore from Sprite...I have a number of duplicates that show up and Menu settings will not allow me to uncheck or change them. How do I..... 1.Delete the duplicates and 2.Free up the defaults showing in Menu settings? None of the duplicates show up in the Registery.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Try free software called CLEARTEMP.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
  9. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    tried both that and Quick Clear...icons still there...frustrating.

10. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    finally figured it out....I was viewing my Windows>start menu>Programs(as advised above) file using Resco. When using the stock File Explorer it showed me more choices...it was a difference of 13 programs vs. 35. I deleted the ones that showed as duplicates when viewing Settings>Menus. Thought I would pass that along in case someone else has this problem.