Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would like to try this service since i dont have a 2003 Exchange server. Which company is the best and cheapest?
    Thanks

P.S. - My IT guy said something about everyone in the office had to switch to this if thats what i chose?! I couldnt be the only one because of the way our emails are set up on our 2000 exchange server..?
  2.    #2  
    I just talked to TheMessageCenter.com. Anyone familiar with them? I was told that since we dont have 2003 Exchange, we would be a perfect fit for using someone like them.. Any thoughts?
    I use 4smartphone.net and I love them. I have not had any problems with them and configuration is a breeze. The cost is only $50 a year or something like 3 bucks a month. They also have a free 10 day trial.
    4Smartphone is an excellent service, mail2web.com is free.
    I've used Intermedia for the last few years and I love them. Their support is great and they just updated me to Exchange 2007 for free.
    I used 4smartphone for 2 years, till last month. They doubled their prices with no real benefits to me. So I switched to Sherweb. So far so good. 3gb for around $8/month.
    +1 on Sherweb! Great stuff - Tech support that answers the phone (unlike 4smartphone.net).
    Just fyi, my only small complaint was that it seemed to take longer for Outlook to open on my PC with Sherweb than with 4smartphone,....BUT

I FOUND THE SOLUTION ON SHERWEB'S KNOWLEDGE BASE.

Outlook is slow to open with Exchange 2007

Outlook could be slow during the opening process. You can speed up the opening process by changing a value in the configuration settings of Exchange. To do this you can follow these steps:

Go in Tools, Account Settings...
    Enter in your Exchange account properties
    Click on More Settings ...
    Go under the Connection tab and in the bottom, click on Exchange Proxy Settings...
    Verify that "On slow network..." and "On fast network..." are checked.
    Uncheck the box Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate
    And click on Ok, Ok, Next and Finish
    After all this, restart Outlook

APPLY TO:
    Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003, exchange 2007

NOW IT'S EVEN FASTER THAN 4SMARTPHONE !!!!!!
    mail2web works perfectly and its free. I've been using them for over a week and its been flawless. The only downfall is that when you send an email out, it will send it as your @mail2web.com account and not the account you are using to get your emails, such as yahoo or gmail.
    Hotrod,

I am having trouble following this step:

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Uncheck the box Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate
    I dont have that checked (nor do I have a proxy server listed).

Should it be unchecked (ssl is checked & grayed out)?

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    To do this you can follow these steps:

Go in Tools, Account Settings...
    Enter in your Exchange account properties
    Click on More Settings ...
    Go under the Connection tab and in the bottom, click on Exchange Proxy Settings...
    Verify that "On slow network..." and "On fast network..." are checked.
    And click on Ok, Ok, Next and Finish
    After all this, restart Outlook
    Yesterday I forgot the link to the Sherweb Article. Here it is.
    http://support.sherweb.com/showfaq.p...le=173&idcat=1

Also, I've included a screen shot of my Outlook 2007. I've circled as many of the items the FAQ article asks you to click on.

I hope that helps. It has helped me enormously. It used to take 15-60 seconds for the password window to open after I opened Outlook. Now it is almost instantaneous.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    mail2web works perfectly and its free. I've been using them for over a week and its been flawless. The only downfall is that when you send an email out, it will send it as your @mail2web.com account and not the account you are using to get your emails, such as yahoo or gmail.
    The "downfall" described above can be resolved. I have subscribed to mail2web Exchange services for over 7 months now and I have setup the reply-to email a different address of my POP account.

See post #2 on how I configured the reply address via OWA at: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14376

Cheers
    Tony,
    SF, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    The "downfall" described above can be resolved. I have subscribed to mail2web Exchange services for over 7 months now and I have setup the reply-to email a different address of my POP account.

See post #2 on how I configured the reply address via OWA at: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=14376

Cheers
    Tony,
    SF, CA
    When I try to log in to their OWA on their website, it just logs me in directly to mail2web live and when I click on OWA, it sends me there again. Therefore, I cannot find the alternate email address options.
    i dunno if you're still looking for an activesync provider but my partner and i have hosted activesync from www.intermedia.net. haven't had any problems with it.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    When I try to log in to their OWA on their website, it just logs me in directly to mail2web live and when I click on OWA, it sends me there again. Therefore, I cannot find the alternate email address options.
    Yeah, I don't see it either. He must have some weird grandfathered feature or something... I have a hard time believing that they would have a loophole available to change the outgoing address since that's the whole reason for getting you to sign up for their pay service.
  16.    #16  
    Hello Everyone,
    Well its been almost 2 years since i originally posted this question. We have been with Intermedia since 2006 and couldnt be happier!

Their servers NEVER go down.. email is instant. Just make sure you have a fast internet connection on your computer because searching in Outlook can be sluggish!
    We were with one of the other providers. But we decided to go with apps4rent.com because they are cheaper. Its been about 9 months now..... No issues.

One of the things which made us switch was the fact that they provide free ActiveSync with every mailbox unlike many other providers. My previous provider use to charge me for activesync. With about 58 employees using Windows Mobile Phone.... this saved some valuable dollars for me. Support is good. I have not faced issues till now.

Lets hope they maintain the standards....
  18. b8b
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    It does not appear mail2web allows access from Outlook unless you start paying, or am I mistaken? Even Personal Exchange looks as though it does not, but I may be confused (if you can use ActiveSync, then why wouldn't it be?) - I'm kinda' n00b.

mail2web's Personal Exchange would be perfect too since I wouldn't need to buy a domain name... I just want to forward the boss's email and allow him to have exchange for contacts and calender on his mobile, desktop and via the web but I don't want to change the rest of the people's email in our office from our current provider (google apps).

Has anyone tried 1and1.com for $7/mo?

Great thread, thanks all!
    Build your own Exchange Server. That's what I did. We all know of the more creative ways of getting your hands on the software, but you can actually purchase pretty cheap. Apply to get the Microsoft Action Pack subscription. Its $400.00 each year but you get 10 copies of windows, 10 copies of office, and two copies of every server app (including exchange). I built an Exchange 2007 server and I'm going to set my house up with unified messaging.
    Hey, I am a MAPS member too. I didnt even think about doing that.

Is it hard to setup the server? That could be interesting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast