1.    #1  
    I got that 299 deal from This website (treocentral store) (whereismyorder.com) about 3 months ago. Now the headset jack is all screwed up. It seems I have to get it replaced but I'm not sure if I can call Verizon to get it replaced. Can anyone help me with options on what I can do?

The problem : is that I unpluged the headset and the 700w doesn't seem to notice that the headset isn't plugged in anymore. I tried putting it in and taking out the headset a few times. reset the 700w a few times. Arge this is annoying. Someone please help!
    So... palm didn't fix this even in the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by jin14
    I got that 299 deal from This website (treocentral store) (whereismyorder.com) about 3 months ago. Now the headset jack is all screwed up. It seems I have to get it replaced but I'm not sure if I can call Verizon to get it replaced. Can anyone help me with options on what I can do?

The problem : is that I unpluged the headset and the 700w doesn't seem to notice that the headset isn't plugged in anymore. I tried putting it in and taking out the headset a few times. reset the 700w a few times. Arge this is annoying. Someone please help!
    It's the dreaded ghost jack problem a la 650. Check out my blog for info on fixing it. The 700 is a bit sturdier than the 650 but it still fails and is harder to fix than the 650 (hardware A)

I can fix it permanetly or you can always get a warranty replacement, whick will probably be a refirbished unit that will also fail someday.

Here is the BLOG www.treotricks.com
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I had the EXACT same problem on my 700w a little while back. Here is the thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111062

I actually got mine swapped by Verizon effortlessly without any hassle, but was suprised to that Verizon had no clue what was going on...until someone here on Treocentral figured out that it was probably the headphone jack.

I actually plugged-and-unplugged a headphone into the jack about 30 times before it stated to work again...which I fixed about 10 min after I got off the phone from Verizon....but my replacement was already being shipped to me (I actually tried to cancel the replacement, but it came anyway, and I swapped it out)....

anyway, you can probably swap it from Verizon within the 1 yr period without hassle-
    hope this helps.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
  5.    #5  
    So I can just take mine to the verizon store even though I didn't buy it from them? Cause that would be very nice if I can just do that.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I can't believe palm still has this issue. I had this problem on the 650 and had it replaced and now I am scared to use it. which really sucks because I would love to use my treo as a .mp3 player. this makes me think we will still have this problem on the 700p when that comes out. dammit!!
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  7.    #7  
    so back to the question. Since I got it from treocentral. Can I take it back to Verizon store and get me a replacement.? Or do I have to go through treocentral, which I dont think has any warrenty plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jin14
    so back to the question. Since I got it from treocentral. Can I take it back to Verizon store and get me a replacement.? Or do I have to go through treocentral, which I dont think has any warrenty plan.
    All branded phones are covered by the carrier. Take it to verizon and they have to replace it under warranty

Only Unlocked GSM phones are covered by Palm. It's all covered in the owner's manual FYI
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  9.    #9  
    Cool, I went to the Verizon store. They said they can't fix the treo's there so I would have to call the 800 number. The Tech said it could be some corrupt data that could cause the problem, then asked me if I had dropped it in water or something like that. Either way, they are sending me a replacement treo. Good good. Thanks for the help treo peoples.!
  10.    #10  
    To update. I got my replacement Treo in 2 days. Called the 800 number, and they activated it without any problems. Now I installed the 1.10 update and it's time to reinstall all my programs. I like having a nice new treo. I'm not sure if it's a refurb but it is clean and new looking to me.