Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've recently been using Oxios Hibernate from http://www.oxios.com/memory/ on my Treo 700w. Even though it is designed for the Smartphone, thanks to Windows Mobile 5.0, it's makes this and other Smartphone programs possible to run our Pocket PC devices.

I used MemMaid to add this into the Notification Queue so that every time my device wakes up, it clears up and lost memory it can find, and my device is nearly at its full free memory amount that I get when I first soft-reset the device.

I only needed the Hibernate application from the Memory package, so I opened the CAB file and pulled out just that application. Normally, it doesn't show anything on-screen, so it's pretty transparent. But if you have the Memory applet showing, you'll see that it tops off the free memory amount as it's designed to do.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    BeyondtheTech-

So which program did you use, Oxios Closeapps, or Hibernate? and what exactly did you do to install it? Did you automate it to run everytime the device wakes up? thanks for the info-
    Last edited by plasmo; 05/07/2006 at 09:51 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Neither seemed to open for me. Install created a folder with the apps but clicking on them didn't run anything. Incredibly I used this app way back when I had a Samsung i600 and more incredible is that Microsoft still hasn't fixed these problems adequately.
  4.    #4  
    As I stated, "Normally, it doesn't show anything on-screen, so it's pretty transparent." Watch your free memory amount as you run it.
    Right, thanks. I thought you meant during the process and not the "log" that you see above and on the site. Seems to work. Got SK Tools' FreeUP Memory to work too but after using it I get device.exe and SK Tools app errors. It does get an extra 350k that hibernate didn't but still a great find and I'm sure it works the same. Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    wow. this works very well. Good thinking with the Notification Queue using Memmaid with Hibernate.exe... Great useful FREE app.
    It looks like this is a great quick & transparent "fix" for the Memory Leak issue!
    Last edited by plasmo; 05/07/2006 at 10:17 PM.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    so is the only program that will run this memmaid?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    You can manually run the program, but Memmaid allows automation of running the program whenever you wake on the device by pushing the red button.
    There may be other programs that do this, but Memmaid works well.
  9.    #9  
    MemMaid has the ability to modify the Notification Queue. I'm sure other programs can do it, including SKTools.

http://s-k-tools.com/sktools/feat.html
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    nice...works great with sktools on my device. thanks!
    I only needed the Hibernate application from the Memory package, so I opened the CAB file and pulled out just that application.
    Please tell me how to do this.
    Did you just use hibernate or both?
    Works great here
    I used MemMaid to add this into the Notification Queue so that every time my device wakes up, it clears up and lost memory it can find, and my device is nearly at its full free memory amount that I get when I first soft-reset the device.
    could you please explain the set up process for this.....im new to using memaid .....also, i had about 6.2mb of memory before i installed the cab.....i went into the folder under programs folder and opened to the two apps and clicked on them both to run......after that i checked my free memory and it was still the same....do you need to soft reset?.....and also once this app is clicked on to run, is it running ALL the time? so your memory will be added back to the pile after every app closes?
    Thanks. Their website gives as a tip "add it to the speed dial." Is this possible on the 700? How?
    bump to my question on setting up memmaid
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    bump to my question on setting up memmaid
    In Memaid scroll down until the 6 full color icons are visable (I guess the program is not really 100% 240X240 friendly). The second icon (the one with the clock) is the notification queue. Scroll down to add. Select the program and the device to "the device woke up." Thats it. I can't get MemMaid to show all my queued stuff but I know it loaded Hibernate as I uninstalled it and MemMaid complained. I really don't see any difference with Hibernate but reinstalled in anyway.

Neil
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    In Memaid scroll down until the 6 full color icons are visable (I guess the program is not really 100% 240X240 friendly).
    Neil
    Thanks for the info above-
    FYI - the latest Memmaid 1.6 is 240x240 square screen friendly, and no longer uses the icons on the bottom
    HOLY !@#$ IT WORKS!!!! thank you!!! Everytime I'm running low at 3mb I jump to 10.58mb

MSFT are you listening, incorporate this into the OS. I read that WM6 kernel was completely rewritten. I wonder if garbage cleanup is part of it..
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Works for me as well. Thanks for the post & info BeyondtheTech.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast