Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    not sure about memaid but when you run oxios using sktools wake up function, it runs instaneously without the user even knowing it ran, unless you watch the memory meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    not sure about memaid but when you run oxios using sktools wake up function, it runs instaneously without the user even knowing it ran, unless you watch the memory meter.
    Yes, I know.

MemMaid is supported WM5 (Pocket PC) application which was just upgraded to provide a utility which supposed to do what oxios does. It doesn't do it as well.
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14279
    Ok, so I just installed Oxios memory onto my treo. The program shows up in my accessories folder but when I click on it I cannot run the program (nothing happens).

Any ideas?
    There is no visual indication other than your program memory being freed. Check your free memory before and after running it.
    What I do sometimes is open the memory app, then turn off and back on. Then I watch the memory available go up. Then back down just slightly. In a full day, I go from almost 14.5MB free to about 9.5MB with Oxios running in the notification list each time I return from stand-by.
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    In Memaid scroll down until the 6 full color icons are visable (I guess the program is not really 100% 240X240 friendly). The second icon (the one with the clock) is the notification queue. Scroll down to add. Select the program and the device to "the device woke up." Thats it. I can't get MemMaid to show all my queued stuff but I know it loaded Hibernate as I uninstalled it and MemMaid complained. I really don't see any difference with Hibernate but reinstalled in anyway.

Neil
    You seem to be familiar with MemMaid so I thought I'd ask you this. I installed this program and fould my way to the notification queue. When I scrolled down to the bottom of blank listings, I find a long list of some of my existing programs that are not checked. Do I need to check any of these and if so what do they do (like for the calendar program etc.)?

Thanks for your insight.
    One more question about setting up Oxios Hibernate in the Memmaid notification queu. Is there someway to not have the Oxios Screen appear every time you wake up your phone? I'd still like to have it run every time I wake it up with the red button but having that screen appear and having to closeit by hitting "OK", especially when the phone wakes up because I have an incoming phone call,is kind of a pain.

Thanks already for a great FREE find!

Russ
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    My new notification created for Oxios unchecks itself after every Red button press. I don't get tthe Oxios screen upon red button press. Should I be seeing that?
    How did you set the notification up so that Oxios"unchecks" itself after each time to wake up the phone. I don't want to see it, actually it has hung up my phone a couple of times already when it wakes up due to an incoming call. BTW, if I understand what most have said in this post, you don't need to see the Oxios screen after each time it runs, it just works in the background.

Russ
    Either Oxios has changed or something unusual is going on with your devices.

-- None of my notifications are "checked" under MemMaid unless I check them or MemMaid checks them after a scan.
    -- I've never seen a Oxios screen. It just works in background to reclaim memory.

If you have the memory screen up and initiate it from the start menu, you should see the memory increase with no interim Oxios screen.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Either Oxios has changed or something unusual is going on with your devices.

-- None of my notifications are "checked" under MemMaid unless I check them or MemMaid checks them after a scan.
    -- I've never seen a Oxios screen. It just works in background to reclaim memory.

If you have the memory screen up and initiate it from the start menu, you should see the memory increase with no interim Oxios screen.

Affirmative, just double checking! Thanks.
    I jusat added Oxios hibernate to the notification queue and when I wake up the treo after a moment or 2 a screen appears that says;
    "Oxios Hibernate 1.40
    xxx KB free (before)
    xxx KB free (after)

xxx KB released

I then have to either check the OK box or press the OK button to make it go away. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Russ
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't do that. Nothing appears at all, but it *appears* that memory does indeed get freed up.
    Hmm ... I just configured Oxios Hibernate with SKTOOLS (I used the "on wakeup" command in the Notify Queue to run the Oxios Hibernate program). Like Tropicaffair, I too get the splash screen whenever I power on the Treo. I don't see any option where I can run it minimized. Am I missing something, too?

Otherwise, Oxios is a GREAT program. Great find!
    I am curious those of you who are not getting the splash screen what version of oxios are you running?

On the Oxios Memory website version 1.4 there is a short note in red saying that the splash screen can't be overridden/suppressed.

I am getting the splash screen and I can't make it go away!!!
    Last edited by robertraes; 07/25/2006 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have no way of knowing how to check the version.
    version 1.30 here. no splash screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 07/25/2006 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neospazzy
    Hmm ... I just configured Oxios Hibernate with SKTOOLS (I used the "on wakeup" command in the Notify Queue to run the Oxios Hibernate program).
    Can you give a little more detail on how you did that? Thanks in advance.
    I have 1.3 as well without a splash screen. The version shows up when you execute the setup file.
    Hannip: Thanks. I uninstalled Version 1.4 - Installed ver 1.3 AND!!!! No Splash Screen.

Thank You!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast