Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I installed it and created a shortcut on the startmenu to run it periodically. Great find and thanks for the heads up.
    great tip! i assigned it to my side button, so i can run it whenever i feel the device get a little sluggish.
    BTT,

This is a great post. It is an effective fix for a real problem. Good Job & Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by eki
    BTT,

This is a great post. It is an effective fix for a real problem. Good Job & Thank you!
    Agreed. Thank you BeyondtheTech.
    Treo 700w
    Thank you BT. This works great. I did the same with MemMaid and Hibernate and it works perfectly!!
    thank you.......tonderful.....run for president!!!
    this app works AWSOME!!!!! thanks bro
    Nice find. I love you, BT.
    awesome find
    Does it have to be installed in main memory? Not sure if its working correctly..

Thanks, Bill
    Freedom Isn't Free, Never Forget 9/11
    Before the Memmaid/Hibernate find here, there was a thread about using SKTools to help running apps from not closing (by adding the Apps you want to run to the "do not close list" of the Process section in SKTools).

My question is - will doing the Memmaid/Hibernate thing supercede the SKTools option?, or, specifically - can the two Both be done without interfering with each other? (And if so, has the SKTools option continued to work successfully as that thread seems to have gone dormant?)

Thanks!
    JWB
    Well, SKTools does not keep apps from closing on the 700w. I think those statements were made before enough testing was done. Also, Oxios has locked up my 700w on a few occasions and I had to soft-reset. Be careful when using these hacks and don't assume that if it works a couple of times it will work all the time for all apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerm
    Well, SKTools does not keep apps from closing on the 700w. I think those statements were made before enough testing was done. Also, Oxios has locked up my 700w on a few occasions and I had to soft-reset. Be careful when using these hacks and don't assume that if it works a couple of times it will work all the time for all apps.

I can verify littlerm's comments on SK-Tools not working on the Treo 700w. So far, Memaid and Oxios are working Ok.
    After adding Oxios Hibernate in the Notification Que, I'm getting "Cannot execute/Oxios/Memory/Hibernate.exe" during wake up. Deleted it and added it a couple of times and still getting the same error. Anyone can help?

TIA!
    BeyondtheTech absolutely ROCKS. Using Oxios Hibernate along with the notification que function in SKTools (upon Wakeup) works great! Hard to believe Oxios is free and SkTools is only $9.00.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Awesome. I can actually see and get > 10 MB Memory for the 1st time. Thank you.
    Memmaid's latest version includes a ReclaimRAM app so I installed it. I already registered it long ago but stopped using it when it killed Voice Command. They've fixed that bug long ago but I backed up first -- just in case.

When my memory dropped to about 9.58 MB:
    1. Memmaid stated "all memory available has already been reclaimed".
    2. Oxios topped the memory to around 11.86 MB and then it settled down to 10.68 when data connections resumed.

I did this twice with the same results. I may compare again when memory leaks <5 MB and ReclaimRAM has more to do.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    oxios working in tandem with sktools has been great on my phone so far.
    Quick warning, I tried on my Cingular 8125 and it does seem to work but it also seems to break IntelliSync's FastServer client that runs on the WM5 device to sync with the desktop.

Sucks big time. But once I've run hibernate, I need to soft-reset the device to get Intellisync to sync again. Will investigate more over the weekend but looks like it does break something.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Sorry to read that, havoc.

Just compared again with 7.42MB free:
    1. Memmaid stated "all memory available has already been reclaimed".
    2. Oxios (2 times in a row) brought it to 9.12 and then it settled down to 8.28

On a device with limited memory, regaining about 1MB is significant and Memmaid isn't doing it as well as Oxios does for free.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast