Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile
    as if we don't already pay enough to use this device, now we need to add another monthly bill?
    I tried PocketBreeze for the first time. It's pretty good. It doesn't drag the 700 down to much but there is a little speed difference. For what it gives you it may be well worth it. I am still checking out which features will really help me so I can decide if it's enough to keep. I generally only load programs that I get alot of use out of. Try to run as lean and mean as possible.

BTW, will PocketBreeze, Pocket Informant, or any other app let you link an email to a task? I get emails with action items and it would be alot easier to add it to a task than retyping the key information. Even copy and paste isn't that easy on such a small device.
  3.    #23  
    Unfortunately GSPMagic and SmallMenu are applications, not system extensions. Thus the hierarchical menu only works every time you separately launch these applications. Seems to defeat the purpose of adding in hierarchical menus at all times. I'll have to look at Wisbar lite but this horror of Windows Mobile is proving elusive.
    You could simply put shortcuts to these programs in your startup menu?

Surur
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    You could simply put shortcuts to these programs in your startup menu?
    Great thought but the problem is after the first usage the app quits and you must restart the app to get the cascading feature again.
    Sounds like the app is being closed due to memory shortage.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Unfortunately GSPMagic and SmallMenu are applications, not system extensions. Thus the hierarchical menu only works every time you separately launch these applications. Seems to defeat the purpose of adding in hierarchical menus at all times. I'll have to look at Wisbar lite but this horror of Windows Mobile is proving elusive.
    I'm not sure I understand. When I had a WM device, I mapped SmallMenu to the start menu hard key, and it fired up every time just like the start menu would. (Tapping the 'start menu' on the screen would launch the default WM start menu).

I'd pay for a SmallMenu-like app on Palm OS. (I have Hi-Launcher, but it doesn't work with a directory structure on the card like SM does).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Great thought but the problem is after the first usage the app quits and you must restart the app to get the cascading feature again.
    This is not accurate. Once you start one of these task management apps, it stays up until you quit from within the app -- it will not be listed in the running programs list. Any of these task managers will be available from the menu key or from the top left corner of the screen with a stylus.

Wisbar Lite has 5 short cuts:

Wisbar Lite - shows the running tasks and options
    Casc Start Menu - cascading menu
    Close OK - closes the application completely
    Settings - application settings
    Switch Task - switches to previous task

Here is one way to configured it:

1. Button: Menu Key assigned to Casc Start Menu
    2. Button: OK key assigned to CloseOK
    3. Menus: add Wisbar Lite

You can also add Switch Task to the Menu also - I don't use it enough to do that so I just access it from the Wisbar Lite folder.

Smallmenu and GSPocketMagic+ work similarly.

I don't see how using these task managers differs from using one of the many POS 3rd party launchers like Zlauncher, LauncherX, etc. You must get a decent launcher for the POS (IMO) just like you need a decent task manager on WM devices.
    Yes... technically you are correct. But this is still enough to make one go insane trying to edit a simple email without the stylus. If you've got just 10 lines of text on the screen and each one has 40 characters, on a Palm it takes 5 keystrokes down on the 5-way to get down to line 5. On the PPC you have to scroll across through 200+ characters to get to the same place.
    I'm with you treoshmeo. It drives me insane when I am typing a four or five line email and have to edit something on the second line. I end up bouncing between the end of my email and the subject using the 5-way before I remember that I can't go line by line! Then I try using my finger instead of the stylus and it never works as well as I would like, so I end up pulling out the damn stylus just to tap the second line.

Why can't we scroll line by line? Ugh.
    by the way - -there is one secret shortcut that can help with the line scrolling - you can jump to the end of a line (or the beginning) by pressing this key combo - Opt + Right (to go the end) or Opt + Left (to go to the start of the line).

Not completely what we want, but it's a start.....
    sounds like with all the things you cite with Palm being better, just go get a 700p!
    It would be nice to be able to scroll line by line in the calendar day-view. Or even have a compressed option like POS has so you can see all your appts in one view with visuals for the start and stop times along the sides.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12