1.    #1  
    I have seen the idea of setting up a fake exchange server but it doesnt work for me. Is there ANY other way for me to manually sync by either 1) pushing the button my craddle 2) starting active sync from my comp 3) starting active sync from my treo. Any help would be awesome.
    I am attaching a link to a thread that will show you how to do this. I have not tried it, but based on the posts it looks like it would do what you need it to.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108777
  3.    #3  
    Thats not really what im looking for. I want to be able to put my 700 in the craddle and not have it connect to the pc until i tell it to.
  4.    #4  
    Anyone?
    i would like this too!
    Yes, I included this in my list of needs to be addressed. It is a #@#$ing incredible pain and I have no idea what ActiveSync does for so long, especially when nothing needs syncing.
    the best way may be to use a treo running the Palm OS
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    Anyone?

I use this, http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

What it does it make your Treo storage card appear to Windows as an external USB hard drive when you cradle your phone, which makes it blazingly fast to copy stuff to and from your device, magnitudes faster than moving files thru activesync.

It puts a small icon in the lower right corner of your WM screen, tapping it brings up a menu allowing you to switch from "ActiveSync mode" to "CardExport mode" (USB drive).

In CardExport mode it doesn't trigger Activesync when you cradle it, so I just leave it in that mode. When I want to sync I just change the mode to "ActiveSync" before I cradle it and it triggers Activesync like it normaly would.

Totally worth the $14, and works like a charm. Recommended.
  9.    #9  
    Well dutch i had a 650 and i like the 700 way better, you may disagree but this is probably my only big concern with it. I would really like an app that i dont have to change just to sync. Is there any other way?
    Just brainstorming here...

Could you buy a USB hub that sat on your desk...then just connect the cable when you want to sync/un-sync? Kind of a pain but that's the only way I can think of doing it.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzword
    I use this, http://www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

In CardExport mode it doesn't trigger Activesync when you cradle it, so I just leave it in that mode. When I want to sync I just change the mode to "ActiveSync" before I cradle it and it triggers Activesync like it normaly would.

Totally worth the $14, and works like a charm. Recommended.
    Thanks much. It's worth the $14 and I might even use it on occasion and not ruin my skin case yanking it off the Treo every time to get to the SD card.
  12.    #12  
    I tried the app, and it still connects to the PC. it is better than normal, but i want a true solution. Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I tried the app, and it still connects to the PC. it is better than normal, but i want a true solution. Any other ideas?
    "it still connects to the PC" but yet "it is better than normal"

What does this even mean? Throw us a bone. Does it hotsync or not?

If not (and it doesn't for me), then it does exactly what you want.
  14.    #14  
    It still connects to the PC meaning that you are able to access the SD card from my computer, IT DOES NOT SYNC IT. But what i want IS A TRUE SOLUTION, not a little work around. If you dont have an answer dont respond, its not that big of a deal.