Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just left the following message on the 6700 board and it was removed from the front boart within 3 minutes:
    I have been a 6700 fan and purchased one of the first ones early last fall. Sprint finally did it to me. My information was leaked and someone used it with Lockline to steal replacement phones. I dropped my 6700 and broke my screen. There is no way to get a screen fixed and even though the person with my information had the replacement phones shipped 1200 miles from where I live, I have been a Sprint customer since the Treo 300 with an average $130 per month bill. But inspite of that neither Lockline or Sprint would do anything to help me. They told me I needed to purchase a new 6700for $599 since I was not signing up for as a new customer. I talked with many people at Sprint and after all the lies finally decided to take the $150 hit and move on the Verizon. At my local Verion store only phone in stock was a Treo 700 and I decided to try it for the 15 day trial period.
    The 6700 is a better techy phone for home screen and web browsing. The Treo is significantly better as a phone and Verizonís push email (which is free) is extremely easy to setup and use. Over all, if you can get beyond the techyness, on day to day bases, the Treo is much better everyday tool. My priorities mays be different then the rest of this boards, however, I rate my priorities as 1. Phone, 2. Email and 3. Web browsing. The Treo wins on two out of three of those. It is easy to use as a phone. It is loud and fits the hand better (I could only use the 6700 as a phone with a headset). I also think the Treo is a better email system in terms of implementation.
    This board, however, is significantly better than the Treocentral board and as a result it will make my Treo experience much stronger. I thank everyone here who for all the support I have received during the past 8 months and I will continue to monitoring this board very thoroughly. I want to thank everyone for all their help but at last, I have moved over to the dark side
    Quote Originally Posted by garyt01
    This board, however, is significantly better than the Treocentral board and as a result it will make my Treo experience much stronger.
    Hmmmm. This is the Treocentral board. Maybe you cut/pasted this message in one too many places and lost track.
    well Gary welcome to the i've had the 6700 club i went full circle 700w to 6700 to 700w because of the same priorities that you listed.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Beryl
    If you haven't spent any time on the 6700 board you are missing out on a tremendous amount of information that can make your Treo function much better. Both devices are WM5 and the 6700 people have been at it longer. A tremendous amount information concerning the the issues that are being addressed on the Treocentral board have already been handled and many of them solved on the 6700 board. Taking the best of what everyone offers only makes you stronger.
    Sprint does sometimes give you some trouble with replacements. It really depends on the person you talk to whether you get help or not. My friend had a problem that was told she was not covered under the warrenty. So she hung up, called back, got a different rep. and got a replacement with ease. Sometimes you have to keep pushing. They really need to do something about this situation though. You are not the only person this has happened to. I have read several stories of this nature. It's becoming quite a problem.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Onceupona00b
    This is the second time they did this to me. I had a Treo 300 with a broken hinge and they refused to cover it under warranty. (the hinge was a design flaw of the Treo 300) I had to purchase a new 300 at full list (again no new account sign up discount). I should have left Sprint at that time but was traveling too much to go through the trouble of switching carriers and phones. I have invested a lot of money in phones and phone serviced and received little back, I am hoping with Verizon my phone experience will improve.