1.    #1  
    i was hoping to find a way to have a solid black background to the today screen, so i made a very small jpg and gif file in photoshop and set it as my background image....it works, but the screen doesn't display it as solid black, the gif is annoyingly cross-hatched and the jpg still has quite noticable markings....

so does anyone know if there's a way to just have the background solid black? or is this something that the screen isn't capable of?
    Make sure your.gif is 240x240 and is only 2 colors for dpth and see what that does.
    I just tried it and it worked fine, just cover your treos camera with a black shirt and take a picture with your phone then select it as your background.
    This is the one I use...I got it off of this site, and works GREAT!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    how's the font look on w/ the black background?
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    this may be a dumb question, but how do I take that posted black image above and put on my treo and set as background. Everything I tried so far has not worked.
    Thanks
    Take off the .jpg extension so it only has the .tsk extension
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    what about changing the top and bottom bars to black?
    You need to use a theme editor.. search around here and your find some recommended ones.
  10.    #10  
    i tried the attached jpg, and it still doesn't show up as 'true' black. it's still noticably textured (this time with vertical lines)...

also, the gif i used before was only 2 colors and 240x240 - and that was even worse.

hmmmmmmm
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmg
    i tried the attached jpg, and it still doesn't show up as 'true' black. it's still noticably textured (this time with vertical lines)...

also, the gif i used before was only 2 colors and 240x240 - and that was even worse.

hmmmmmmm
    i encountered the same exact issue you are having a while back when trying to make a "solid" black ... using photoshop etc the black always turns into a textured black.... the comment about using a "black" photo might actually be a good idea though
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    wow, can't explain it... mine is a solid black, with no textures. I wonder what is causing the differences in resolutions?
  13.    #13  
    i took an all black photo using the camera, and it worked...now it's true black. very strange
    Yes, that is what i did... Went to littlethemes.com and down loaded a theme that had black upper and lower bars and then covered the camera lense with my hand and took a picture (Completely Black) applyed it as my wallpaper. Works perfectly.
    Good ideas, folks. Anyone care to post their screenshots for us all to see?
  16.    #16  
    here's the one i'm using right now....
    Attached Images Attached Images