Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late notice...

Windows Mobile User Group meeting tonight...with Palm doing a presentation on the 700w.

Palm
    Treo 700W, MSFP, Roadmap

When: Thursday May 4, 2006, 6:00pm
    Where: Microsoft Office, Irvine, 3 Park Plaza, 18th Floor

Please RSVP to RSVP@ocwmug.com , and please indicate if you are vegetarian. There is a $5-7 donation for food, refreshments and raffle prizes
    Please make sure that all the Treo geeks harass the Palm rep about

1) what happened to the other 32MB of RAM?
    2) how can we get rid of the memory leak?
    3) will there be an adequate sms update out shortly?
    4) when is the Treo 700/800p coming out? (just joking)
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #1 valid question but I already know what his answer will be
    #2 will not get any type of answer on that one....
    #3 who cares about threaded SMS? (just kiddin.. dont go all crazy on me)
    #4 should be...when does the Treo 800w come out as Palm OS is for lozzzers stuck in the 90's (ok, ok... kiddin again...i know im going to regret typing this one )
    I would go if I was a little closer....would be interesting to attend. No chance on a live feed or a recording after the meeting?
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I can take some (awful) pictures with the 700w... i always seem to forget I even have a camera on this thing...
    And if you did the update then you have BURST MODE!

wait...that isn't that exciting is it?
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    dam that's right down the street from my office!!!!
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Well.. i totally forgot to take pictures

Man were they brutal on the poor Palm guy...these are "hardcore" PocketPC users and they took exception to the benefit of one handed use and Palm trying to take away from using the stylus.... theses users just donít get it....and I think there was a bit of pent up animosity to the Palm brand!??!

He did a good job trying to demonstrate what most regular users want in the way of easy one handed use and the beneficial form factor but it seemed to fall on deft ears...I really did feel bad for him but I guess this is what he gets paid to do...and he handled it well enough.

It seemed the audience was actually a little split.. you had the corporate users (most of whom I had not seen before) who seemed to be very interested in the device and the regulars who wont seem to accept it no matter what....

There was a whole section on the 700w vs the 650 but no one was interested in it so he kind of skipped it.

There was a product roadmap that he didnít seem to want to show but it really did not have anything worth mentioning...and did/would not say anything about future devices at all.

Oh, and I did ask about the 32MB decision...and he side stepped the answer as I expected...but a comment was made from an MS employee that they are definitely aware of the issue...and working to resolve it (I wouldnít hold my breath).