1.    #1  
    ive searched the forums but all the results pertain to the 650 and that doesnt really help me.. so i was wondering if any of u guys have figured out a way to somehow override the 160 character sms lenght limit.. some sort of registry hack maybe? im not really interested in 3rd party apps...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just a question why not use e-mail. incase you didn't know the definition of SMS is Short Message Service
  3.    #3  
    cuz i have the in texting and so does my gf. we tend to text each other throughout the day... and every now and then wut i need to say is longer than 160 characters..its a pain to send 2 texts..all my previous phones would allow u to enter as many characters as u want and then just send multiple texts if need be...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Post up if you find out, my 6600 would auto break the message if it was more then 160 also and just send multiple txt's if needed. Its a HUGE peve of mine with this phone.
    ya i would love to know a fix for this as well. i wasw ondering if verizon breaks the message or does the phone do that? because if verizon broke the message for you then you could just do a registry hack probably.
    Same question, but to address the definition of SMS. I can't even get an entire Amber Alert b/c of the length limitations. I don't seem to remember this being an issue with my 300 or 600.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash
    Post up if you find out, my 6600 would auto break the message if it was more then 160 also and just send multiple txt's if needed. Its a HUGE peve of mine with this phone.
    my "free" t-mobile phone used to do this...in fact, this is my first phone that doesn't do this - kinda lame
    Switch to the Pix and Flix plan. If you send messages through MMS via vzwpix.com, you can get over 1,000 characters in the message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcave
    Switch to the Pix and Flix plan. If you send messages through MMS via vzwpix.com, you can get over 1,000 characters in the message.
    hmmm.....pay for pix and flix, or keep the free 2000 txt msgs????...since i'm already over $125/mn with this thing, i think i'd rather deal with the limitation than pay more and have to use my computer to avoid the limitation.
    i was thinking, could u use the MMS and just dont send a pic. just fill in the text part and you should get to send a ton of text with that.....but my mms feature isnt working for some reason so i cant tell if it works.....i know i have sent a long text like that before it stopped working just not sure if the other party received it or not
    bump, any ideas?
    This really isn't a direct answer to your question, but I was under the imppression it had to do with not only the phone, but the service. I was on T-Mobile before and anyone that sent me messages that WERE over 160 characters, the system just truncated it...at least according to T-Mobile. I asked them abotu it and they said that even if the phone could receive it, their system just truncated it. May not be true any more since i've dumped T-Mobile a long time ago.

Now when i was on Cingular (also dumped them), their SMS system automatically rolled it over to another message. If I received a very long Text message, sometimes I'd get 4 or 5 messages (1 of 4; 2 of 4...etc). So I never considered it to be a problem with the phone per se. Or is my understanding totally wrong?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    It's the phone. My LG V automatically split the text into multiple messages, but my Treo doesn't. Both with Verizon.