1.    #1  
    We have several of the Treo's in our office now, and one of the biggest complaints is it takes too long to recharge. I'd have to agree, I timed my treo with a completely dead battery (Seidio 2400) to take 5 hours to recharge. That is with the Palm A/C Adapter. If you use a usb sync cable to charge it takes over 8 hours and that was without the battery being completely dead.

What's the fastest way to recharge the Treo?
    Last edited by LIVE4SPD; 05/04/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Maybe not the solution you want to hear, but I bought an extra battery and an external Seidio charger. I swap battery every few days.
    Also probably not the answer you want, but...

The best answer is to not let the battery get that low. Keep it plugged in if you're at your desk, get car chargers if the users are in their car a lot. Not only will it eliminate the long recharge problem, but your batteries will last much longer (see the owner's manual).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Yea it sounds obvious but I have idiots to take care of. :-)

I think we are just S.O.L.
    That's weird, It seems like mine charged in 2 hours or less.
    yeah mine also charges pretty quick....never had that issue...2 hrs and im golden.....i had about 20% battery the other night and charged my phone at work and it was 100% in about an hr an 15 min.....i was like wow!......do you use car chargers...i hear that can damage the battery
    Weird... mine usually takes about 2 hours for a full charge as well.
    To the OP, how long does it take you to charge on the stock palm battery? he problem might be the seidio battery
    Mine (GSM) goes a week between charges....if it's that much of a problem suggest you have the people change their e-mail settings to check for e-mail less often.

Also, with desktop cradles, make sure they have STOIC or other software which lets screen "stay on in cradle". Peeps are much more likely to use the cradles if they can see the screen while at thgeir desktops. Also use car cradles with ProClip mounts.....your employees will have less accidents.

Are they maintaining battery properly....full discharge and recharge once monthly ?

Finally, have them paste this thing to their heads (follow link in first post)

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=111799
    A sort of related question. I have noticed trat lately when I use my car charger or even my regular charger, I am getting a hot battery warning especially if I am talking on the phone while it is charging. At first I thought it was my Vaja case but I got the warning last night with the phone out of the case. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a symptom of a problem or a "feature" of the phone?

Thanks.
    "feature". Many have reported it. Although I only get this when using the car charger. It just stops charging until the battery cools down again. I haven't had any issues using the phone after this warning is dismissed.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    A sort of related question. I have noticed trat lately when I use my car charger or even my regular charger, I am getting a hot battery warning especially if I am talking on the phone while it is charging. At first I thought it was my Vaja case but I got the warning last night with the phone out of the case. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a symptom of a problem or a "feature" of the phone?

Thanks.
    THis has only happened in my car if I leave the phone in the car on a hot day while the phone is charging.
    Three reasons this can occur:

1. Above average ambient temp levels

2. You using a rapid or quik type, non current limiting charger which will also eventually fry da battery

3. Holding Treo in hand or in case prevents thermal heat disippation.