Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Hey.. this article is a good read...and has pretty pictures: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...echnology.html

(Note: What Microsoft is calling "Ping" (which shouldnít be confused with a traditional Ping command) is the command or request thatís sent by the mobile device to the server via an HTTP(S) connection. This request will then be in a pending state until a change occurs in a mailbox, or until the heartbeat interval expires.)

Later on in the article is talks about performance counters you can use to help you diagnose your problems Oryxtek...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    ...but havenít found a good solution for the hosted environment. Was going to check out TrendMicro since others report good success with them....
    ..also been trying out Exchanges new built in spam filter with mixed results.
    Almost forgot to reply to this one. I've been using Trend's products for years (came bundled with our first Exchange server years ago and we just keep renewing) and have been overall pleased. Over the past year, however, spam was starting to overtake Trend's filtering (I was dealing with about 1,200 to me each day alone). So I enabled that new MS built-in filter (IMF?) you mentioned along with Trend's filter on a lower setting and have been very happy with the results (and it would seem neither is messing with MSFP either). I only see a few spams a week now, and most of those end up in my Junk folder.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Just thought I would update on this tip...

Previously with IIS set to 120 connect timeout (default) .. If I unplugged the device from the charger at 6am.. I would have about 60-70% left at 7pm at night...

Since making the change and doing an IISRESET .... Yesterday with simialar usage I had 80% battery left at 9pm last night...

pings are running around 12-13 minutes with a constant and good signal strength... which is pretty much what MS documents describe... fwiw...

Keep in mind I am in a 1X area...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ....did i mention my paypal account? LOL.....glad its working out for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Hi everyone!
    Been busy working away at building/testing an Exchange hosting service so I have not been online as much but thought I would throw out a quick tip for all of you to give your Exchange admins that might help with your Direct Push performance....

Most of you have heard that to maximize performance (when you use Direct Push over HTTP(s)) it is recommended that you increase or set your firewall time out values to 30 min....well I havenít seen anyone mention the recommendation to increase your IIS time-out value to 1800 seconds and make sure HTTP Keep-Alive is enabled...

Now donít go telling other Exchange hosting providers out there
    (they really should already know this though)

Just to reiterate:
    To maximize performance...increase your IIS time-out values and firewall time values when you use the Enable Direct Push over HTTP(s) option. If you use IIS 6.0...set the Connection Timeout value to 1800 and select the HTTP Keep-Alives Enabled check box. If you use IIS 5.0, set the Connection Timeout value to 1800.

PM me if you want to donate to my paypal account

I am a newby and dont know how to get into the settings that you are talking about please help
    Just thought I'd provide an update on the "slow" push I was experiencing. Here's what I found -- if I don't sync the Sent Items (and only the Sent Items folder), push is instantaneous!

Are you guys sync'ing the Sent Items folder? If not, can someone try and see if their push slows down to about 5 min, sometimes as long as 15mins.

Thanks,
    Oryxtek
    I am having a similar but somewhat different problem. I'm not experiencing any delays in Push email but it seems that connections are timing out too quickly on the Exchange server and causing the device to sync every 3 minutes.

I'm guessing this is from the heartbeat connection being prematurely timed out and causing the Exchange server to issue a sync request because the connection has been lost/heartbeat expired. I've changed the IIS timeout and that didn't fix the problem, sync is still occuring every 3 minutes regardless if I receive mail or not. The next logical thing to test is the firewall, we have a PIX 506e. I'm not getting any Event ID 3033 errors on the server that would point to connection timeouts so I don't know what the problem is.

gex,

You have any ideas or suggestions?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12