1.    #1  
    I'm starting to wonder if there is any reason to perform the new update for my treo.. We dont have an exchange 2003 server so i wouldnt be able to use the main function of the update... (I use PC Monitor Wireless Sync)

Is there any other reason that i would want to use the update? I've had nothign but trouble from my phone ever since the update so i might just have Verizon ship me another one..
  2.    #2  
    anyone anyone?
    The update does improve some aspects of memory handling and fixes a memory leak too. You are stuck in upgrade world now anyhow - if you get a replacement from Verizon, the unit will be updated.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    The update does improve some aspects of memory handling and fixes a memory leak too. You are stuck in upgrade world now anyhow - if you get a replacement from Verizon, the unit will be updated.
    My replacment I got this week wasn't... FYI

Paul G
    <><
    after the update it only takes about 2-3 seconds to launch messaging... before it took 10-15 seconds. for this reason alone i'm glad i did the update.
    Don't do it!! The update solves none of the previous issues and now Internet Explorer crashes repeatedly.
  7.    #7  
    Just spoke with Verizon today.. I've experienced nothing but problems since the update: Battery Drainage, Phone not turning on (after trying the fix twice!) and my phone running incredibly slow.. They told me to try some of the same solutions ive already tried one more time.. If at the end of the day i'm experiencing the same problems - I'm going to request a new phone..
    the update really messed up my phone to a point where verizon sent me a new one...the new one didnt come with the update and it works flawlessly... now i can have IE, agile messenger, email, and media player open at once without having any of them just quit on me.. so..if ur fone is running just fine the way it is... u should NOT install the update..
    I'm pleased with the update after turning off POP3 polling. The update went perfectly for me but then I followed the instructions to the letter doing things that I didn't think was necessary.