1.    #1  
    verizon support just told me that if you do *228 over the air programming too often, you can damage the phone.

sounds like a bunch of bull to me...

anybody know any truth to this?

they also recommended powering off at least once a day for 10 seconds.

true or false?
    Interesting. My question is, how do you power off the phone. Only way I know of is removing the battery!!!!
    Press and hold the end button, it turns just the phone off.
    I don't hink you can ruin it. it will just increase your chance of something going wrong that could corrupt your programming.
    hold the red button merely turns off your radio...hte treo cannot be turned off unles syou remove the battery.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by craven

true or false?
    I believe the point is to disconnect from the network and reconnect. This way the network is sure to know you are online. You're just saying "Hey, I'm here"
    Quote Originally Posted by craven
    verizon support just told me that if you do *228 over the air programming too often, you can damage the phone.

sounds like a bunch of bull to me...

anybody know any truth to this?

true or false?
    This is the kind of typical ignorant CSR bullsh*t which just pisses me off to no end. The only benefit to the latter of their suggestions to you would be to clear some memory under WM5, but I highly doubt the person you spoke with had any clue about memory leaks.