1.    #1  
    I just got a new 700w and I was wondering if you guys can help me out with some questions I have. Also I have upgraded to the update already, as in playing with it for 5 minutes, I noticed the bad memory leak everyone was talking about. Now it's not so bad.

1.) Is there a way to wirelessly check my gmail from thw wm5 outlook?

2.) Can anyone recommend needed software that would me a must for this device? (Currently using: Journal Bar, Battery Pack, TCPMP, SoftReset, and wisbar advance)

3.) What does wireless sync do?

4.) Can anyone recommend a good over the top of the ear bluetooth headset? I was using a H700 which I love for the flip out on feature, but it is to damn crackly with my treo.

5.) Is there a way to make a seperate contacts list, so I don't accidently dial (e.g. voice command) someone I haven't talked to in years (e.g. ex-girlfriends)

6.) Is it a good idea to copy all ringtones to the phone? That way if you don't have your SD card in you can still get the ring?

7.) Is the activ sync issue still an issue after the update? I have only had the phone for less then 24 hours so I am not sure.
    I would so some searching on here and treonauts.com. they have answers to most of your questions.
    melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by karterius
    I just got a new 700w and I was wondering if you guys can help me out with some questions I have. Also I have upgraded to the update already, as in playing with it for 5 minutes, I noticed the bad memory leak everyone was talking about. Now it's not so bad.

1.) Is there a way to wirelessly check my gmail from thw wm5 outlook?

2.) Can anyone recommend needed software that would me a must for this device? (Currently using: Journal Bar, Battery Pack, TCPMP, SoftReset, and wisbar advance)

3.) What does wireless sync do?

4.) Can anyone recommend a good over the top of the ear bluetooth headset? I was using a H700 which I love for the flip out on feature, but it is to damn crackly with my treo.

5.) Is there a way to make a seperate contacts list, so I don't accidently dial (e.g. voice command) someone I haven't talked to in years (e.g. ex-girlfriends)

6.) Is it a good idea to copy all ringtones to the phone? That way if you don't have your SD card in you can still get the ring?

7.) Is the activ sync issue still an issue after the update? I have only had the phone for less then 24 hours so I am not sure.
    This pertains to 1. and 3. You can set up wireless sync, it keeps the Treo and your computer synced up with your e-mail, calender, contacts and tasks. Not many people use wireless sync because they say it doesnt work well but i use it every day and it works flawlessly. The only down side to wireless sync is you have to leave the computer on and your e-mail program running all the time to recieve your e-mails.

2. Dont really know about this one, the only third party apps. i use is Sprite backup and Resco explorer. Sprite is almost a must... If you ever have to do a hard rest you can back up the phone, do the rest and then restore it and keeps all of your settings and programs. If you hard reset and dont back it up first you will lose everything.

4. I dont use bluetooth, it sucks to much of the battery.

5. ????????????????????

6. Yes

7. Dont know, dont use active sync... Only wireless sync.
    i don't leave my computer on and wireless sync works great! I don't sync at all with my computer just with verizon's server. i actually can't use active sync so I just do the wireless sync using gmail as my email provider
    melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by melissac
    i don't leave my computer on and wireless sync works great! I don't sync at all with my computer just with verizon's server. i actually can't use active sync so I just do the wireless sync using gmail as my email provider
    How do you recieve your e-mails with wireless sync when your computer isnt on, Verizon even tells you that you e-mail program must be open and running to receive any e-mails.
    I'm a 650 Palm OS user but I will help where I can:

3) Let's you synch w/o using the cable.

4) I find the convenience (no need to carry extra charger) and performance (28+ feet no noise) of the Treo Wireless headset quite workable w/ a med. Jabra ear gel.