1.    #1  
    Long before the update (soon after i bought my phone) i performed the stickied solution that fixed the ActiveSync problem. Now that i have updated the software however, i keep finding ActiveSync running in my "Running Programs List".. WHY?!? I tried the stickied solution again but it didnt seem to help?! What's going on? I'm sure this has already been discussed but i couldnt find where..
    Please help
    The main purpose of the update was to have activesync automatically sync with your exchange server w/o the sms messages. To have activesync do this it must be running.
    i posted this in the battery drain thread....yes after doing the update, palm says that fix will be wiped out...so you must do it again just like before....i did it and it stuck and now everything is working well....before i did the fix again, my phone was loggin onto evdo and polling my pop3's every 30-60seconds which was KILLING my battery.....even if i set the pop3 to check every hr or 3hrs or 10 minutes, it still checked every 30-60 seconds....after talking with palm and verizon, i was told to do the fix and now everything seems to be working like planned....i now have my settings to check for mail every 30minutes for every pop3 account and its working fine
  4.    #4  
    Here's the problem.. I dont have a 2003 Exchange server so i wont be using the update for email.. (i guess i shouldnt have even installed the update).
    I use PC Monitor Wireless Sync for emails. So what would you reccommend now?
  5.    #5  
    I read your post in the battery drain thread.. I did the old active sync trick (where you create and delete the server) hoping it would make the Active Sync stop coming on.. It didnt.. And my battery is draining like crazy! Again i dont use the push with Exchange 2003..
    weird cus it worked for me just fine!......hmmmmmmm....my AS doesnt start up on its own and like i mentioned in the earlier post, my pop3 accounts are polling as normal....id try it one more time....did you soft reset after doing the change
  7.    #7  
    I tried the fix again, and did a soft reset afterwords. Are you saying that ActiveSync should NOT show up in my "Running Programs List" anymore? I'll give it a few minutes and see what happens.

If this dosent fix the problem, i may just call Verizon and have them ship me a new phone. I'm also experiencing VERY SLOW operating..
    If i dont use the new push solution that came with the update, is there any reason i should perform the update at all??
  8.    #8  
    Sure enough.. After performing the fix TWICE, the ActiveSync keeps showing up in my running programs!!!!
    I wonder if it's the "Push" setting in Wireless Sync? I'm experiencing the same exact issue with ActiveSync that you are. I don't use ActiveSync, but Wireless Sync with the "Push" option. I read on another thread that THIS Push option in Wireless Sync could be causing problems. Could this Push setting cause ActiveSync to open and execute?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalonia
    I wonder if it's the "Push" setting in Wireless Sync? I'm experiencing the same exact issue with ActiveSync that you are. I don't use ActiveSync, but Wireless Sync with the "Push" option. I read on another thread that THIS Push option in Wireless Sync could be causing problems. Could this Push setting cause ActiveSync to open and execute?
    Wireless Sync is unrelated to Acitive Sync and should not be opening Active Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by eki
    Wireless Sync is unrelated to Acitive Sync and should not be opening Active Sync.
    I KNOW they're unrelated, but how many bugs/issues end up being caused by something seemingly unrelated? Quite a few.
    I used both at the same time before installing the update . I did the hack that prevented activesync from opening and never had the problem that you are describing.
    bump--

any fix to this? after the update, everytime i soft-reset- AS comes back. I dont use the email function at all, so i was thinking about deleting it, but how will it sync up with my computer then?