1.    #1  
    On the phone, there an option to store notes on the card. With the limitations on the phone's internal memory, obviously being able to off-load things to the storage card looks attractive.

I haven't seen anything about this mentioned, and it does not appear to be in the manual, but, there seems to be an issue with doing this. I moved all my notes to the storage card, and, when I synced to the PC, all notes in Outlook were moved to the "deleted" folder, since Activesync apparently won't look into the storage card on the phone, and it thought all of them were gone.

Have I overlooked something, or is this a well-known issue?
  2.    #2  
    Tough question, I know..
    ActiveSync does not sync with the storage card. If you want to place your notes on the storage card do a copy and paste from outlook and uncheck notes in activesync's options so that it will not put them back on your devices main memory.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eki
    ActiveSync does not sync with the storage card. If you want to place your notes on the storage card do a copy and paste from outlook and uncheck notes in activesync's options so that it will not put them back on your devices main memory.
    Ouch. Thanks, but, ouch. That's not what I wanted to hear, but is as I expected to hear. Thanks.
    The inability to sync files to the storage card is the 700's biggest shortcoming as it relates to my needs. There are some apps that claim to do it. I tried CW Sync but it was too technical for me to operate. It did get my files over to the storage card but I couldn't get the sync to work the way I needed it to. I saw an app called Blue Sync that I am considering giving a shot. There is a long discussion on "turning your Treo 700 into a mass storage device" that discusses moving info to the card using a program made by softic but I don't think that it sync's the files.
    This is yet another example of the "why I hate Windows Mobile" thread. I don't give a crap that you can now get images from space through the wonders of EVDO and WM5. I DO care that the most obvious ways that people work with their mobile devices is ignored -- only MS can do this. Other lesser companies would have long had their butts smacked by the door on the way out...