1.    #1  
    Hi, I bought a treo 700w, I am not on verizions network. I'm in canada on a cdma network and wondering what needs to be done to manually activate the phone?

Thanks!
    As far as I know the 700w will only work on the verizon network.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    As far as I know the 700w will only work on the verizon network.
    It's roaming just fine in my area, I just need to get it programmed with my phone number and it would work fine. I just can't figure out how to activate it so I can program it.
    Try *228 option 2.
    Sorry, meant option 1...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the reply, but as I said in my post, i'm not on verizons network, thats why I need to know how to manually activate the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by kspare
    It's roaming just fine in my area, I just need to get it programmed with my phone number and it would work fine. I just can't figure out how to activate it so I can program it.
    How is it roaming without a service provider?
    Last edited by shmelty; 05/02/2006 at 08:51 AM.
    That's the key. If we could figure how to roam without activating a phone with anyone!!!

okay I'm just kidding
  9.    #9  
    Ok, so I found out how to manually activate a treo 700w. So i've got my sys id and my cell number in. I just can't quite get 1x working it won't connect and i'm not 100% sure why yet.

One other thing i'd like to do is update the treo with my local prl, *228 doesn't work here, so I need to upload it to the phone, anyone know how??
    I am betting you won't get much use out of that investment. The phrase Caveat Emptor comes to mind.
  11.    #11  
    Well, you can update the prl on pretty much anything else, it's just a matter of finding some software what will let me read and write the prl to the treo