Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Just trying to find out if maybe there is a bug with this ver of software. Post here if you have done a hard-reset with the new 1.10 software. So far I have confirmed two people that this has killed the radio.


    Cal
  2. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #2  
    I've hard reset, and the radio works fine. On a different note though my data seems to sporadically have issues, so VZW is sending me a replacement. This issue started after the update.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3. plasmo's Avatar
    Posts
    442 Posts
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    #3  
    After the update, I've hard reset after screwing up my registry after poking around, then Sprite restored back without problems.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
  4. #4  
    webtoker: did the radio work after the update at all? You might want to try the vers hack and run the update again. It still works with the
    "new" updater.
  5. #5  
    I did a hard reset after the update. Good news: no problems with radio, etc. Bad news: memory leaks still a problem, phone network still goes back to "home" after soft reset, still having same problems connecting to internet via 1X network.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treowonk
    webtoker: did the radio work after the update at all? You might want to try the vers hack and run the update again. It still works with the
    "new" updater.

    Ya, it worked fine. Then a day later I was having a problem uninstalling GoodLink so I did a hard-reset to take it back to default. After that, I could never get back on the cell / data Verizon network.

    I also did the ver hack and reloaded the software. Still had the same problem. Took it to Verizon yesterday and they gave me a new handset after troubleshooting.


    Cal
  7. #7  
    I have hard-reset since the update with absolutley no issues
  8. markn455's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #8  
    Update worked fine for a couple of days. Then the phone started causing problems. Did a hard reset, radio is dead. Verizon is replacing the phone.
  9. #9  
    I hard reset after installing the update (about 2 weeks ago) and I have not experienced the radio problems. I did notice that the Windows Temp file disappeared after the hard reset.
  10. #10  
    Did a hard reset today to clear out a bunch of junk, reloaded what I wanted and everything (phone included) is working great.
  11. markn455's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Ya, it worked fine. Then a day later I was having a problem uninstalling GoodLink so I did a hard-reset to take it back to default. After that, I could never get back on the cell / data Verizon network.

    I also did the ver hack and reloaded the software. Still had the same problem. Took it to Verizon yesterday and they gave me a new handset after troubleshooting.


    Cal
    I could not get the store to replace mine and it was only a little over 30 days old. Have to settle for tech support sending me a replacement unit. I sure hope it is not a reconditioned unit. Or maybe I do.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by markn455
    I could not get the store to replace mine and it was only a little over 30 days old. Have to settle for tech support sending me a replacement unit. I sure hope it is not a reconditioned unit. Or maybe I do.

    Ah, mine was only 3 days old. Basically very little was asked...
  13. #13  
    So how many are having good results with the update? I'm wary since I don't know what it gives me other than features and a potential headache now that stuff is starting to work with the old.
  14. #14  
    i get tmail errors and the program would crash
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  15. #15  
    what is the radio.After the update i and getting errors when trying to connect to the internet say i might need to do a hard reset to solve the problem
  16. markn455's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #16  
    The radio is the part of the device that connects to the Verizon wireless network for voice or data. After the update, indications are that some people who have done a hard reset, the radio (cell phone) portion of the Treo stops working.

    Mark
  17. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #17  
    Hmm, havent done a hard reset yet but did do a remote wipe which is the same thing I think...(a remote wipe writes 1 and 0 to storage space 6 times where a hard reset may not...not sure).

    All is fine...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    a remote wipe writes 1 and 0 to storage space 6 times
    Do you have a source for this info? I've never heard it before.
  19. #19  
    I did a hard reset the day after I updated and have had no problems with the radio.
  20. #20  
    I've done one hard reset since installing the update because Activesync started giving me problems not recognizing my Treo (via USB). Deleted the partnership and it worked, for one day. Now I'm stuck deleting my partnership on a daily basis in order to sync. BTW, I don't have an exchange server and I only use VZW Wirelesssync for email - Activesync for my calendar, contacts, tasks and files (which is rather important for me to keep sync'd). Not sure what to do at this point except maybe to go out and but a bluetooth adapter for my PC and see if that helps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions