Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I bumped the sync cable in the middle of the update (about 20 minutes in to the process). When I bumped the connection, the cable came partially unplugged. The update will not complete!. Now I have a Treo 700w that appears to be dead in the water. All I have is the 2.18.00 ENG screen. The unit will not reset, nothing.

Help!

Mark
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The warning is correct!

WARNING: DO NOT unplug the device or cancel the update until the update is complete. If you unplug or cancel before completion, your device may become inoperable.
    Quote Originally Posted by markn455
    I bumped the sync cable in the middle of the update (about 20 minutes in to the process). When I bumped the connection, the cable came partially unplugged. The update will not complete!. Now I have a Treo 700w that appears to be dead in the water. All I have is the 2.18.00 ENG screen. The unit will not reset, nothing.

Help!

Mark
    During the last update mine stopped for no reason. My screen was reading the same thing as yours. Pretty much you have a brand new paper weight.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    What are you going to do? Verizon is sending me a replacement phone.
    Were you guys running the "new" updater or the one from before?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was running the new one. Mine failed because I bumped the cable which caused it to disconnect.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by markn455
    What are you going to do? Verizon is sending me a replacement phone.
    Mine stopped during the first update, I took it to the store and got a new one. I just currently ran the newest update on mine and worked just fine.
    Anyone found logfiles or anything on the device or desktop that tells you what happened?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I didn't think about checking for log files. I will check and advise.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Could not locate any log files.

Mark
    I know the PalmOS Updaters started putting data in the HotSync log. So I'd expect something on the desktop. There's no new text or HTML file with a later timestamp in the install directory?
    The same thing happened to me (bumped and disconnected the cable), and I got the same error. I called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new Treo. I installed the update on the new Treo and it works great.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Not that I have been able to find.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jussnb
    The same thing happened to me (bumped and disconnected the cable), and I got the same error. I called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new Treo. I installed the update on the new Treo and it works great.
    Do you know if the replacement is a new or reconditioned device?
    can you remove the battery and do a hard-reset? Then try to restart the update? Not sure if that is possible. If you can't, then the replacement route is your only option.
    I've updated two 700's and they worked fine. The third one just failed. The device was stationary on the desk the entire time, I never touched it. It was almost finished, then popped up a message that an error occured and to check the Palm website, which was no help. A hard reset does not work.
    I just had the sam issue and I had to go to another computer to run the update. If you are running Windows XP Professional, the update process wil not work due to it asking to allow a non Microsoft signed driver set to be installed "WTC Host USB". When this happens, it shuts down the update and says there was an internal error. You have to install the update from a normal Windows XP system, NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar25 View Post
    You have to install the update from a normal Windows XP system, NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! Hope this helps.
    Worked fine on my XP Professional version.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar25 View Post
    I just had the sam issue and I had to go to another computer to run the update. If you are running Windows XP Professional, the update process wil not work due to it asking to allow a non Microsoft signed driver set to be installed "WTC Host USB". When this happens, it shuts down the update and says there was an internal error. You have to install the update from a normal Windows XP system, NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! Hope this helps.

Scratches head XP Pro huh? Hmmmmm I've updated 2 from 2 different computers. Guess they aren't XP Pro even though they both say they are..... hmmmm