Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    If so, does it work well? thx
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    It works great, head and shoulders above b1.

The tabbed browsing is wonderful and I've had as many as 15 pages open without any memory problems.

Go for it.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    cool thx for the info
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzword
    It works great, head and shoulders above b1.

The tabbed browsing is wonderful and I've had as many as 15 pages open without any memory problems.

Go for it.
    Do you have a link to the download? Every time I try to download what I think is the right thing, I get some goofy .cab file that has a bunch of contents I can't do anything with.
    Quote Originally Posted by jussnb
    Do you have a link to the download? Every time I try to download what I think is the right thing, I get some goofy .cab file that has a bunch of contents I can't do anything with.
    .cab files are meant to be installed directly to your PDA. Just download it from the website using the Treo, then run the file and it'll install.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Opera works well, but after changing it to my primary webbrower,
    I get an error message when trying to click a Newsbreak link to open up a website.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Hi,

It should work fine and we've had no problems with it BUT apparently there is something that can happen (in general with the devices) when you change the default browser. What has worked for other users is the following:

1. Set it up so that it is not default
    2. Switch it back to default

If you are still having trouble drop our folks at technical support a note. We can help you figure out what is happening. ( support@iliumsoft.com ).

Marc Tassin
    Ilium Software
    --------------------
    info@iliumsoft.com
    +1 (734) 973-9388
    ---------------------
    http://www.iliumsoft.com
    Opera Browser Rocks! I can go just about everywhere on the web. Last night I had 14 tabs open and it did not freeze. I feel that was only possible with the improved memory management from the latest treo rom upgrade. I am a happy camper...
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Maybe it's just me but I think that Opera is slower than PIE. I dunno.
    It is slower, but not by much. I noticed it to be actually quicker on very heavy, graphic pages than IE. Its the smaller pages that render quicker in IE. Just my 2 cents....
    soo...im still confused on what to dl.. when i goto mini.opera.com on my phone it dls a .jar file and my phone doesnt recognize it.. can somebody plz help ?
    From the mini.opera.com web site, select the download wizard at the bottom.

On the page that pulls up, chose "Opera for your phone" on the left.

Scroll down the next page until you get to "Opera for Windows Mobile, Pocket PC - beta 2"

Select Windows Mobile 5.0
    On the next screen, choose a location to download from and select "Download Opera"

That will download a file called opera_wmppc5_85b2.cab

Copy that file to your phone using file exlporer and activesync.

Use file explorer on your phone to find that cab file. Click on it, and it will begin the install process. (6 Megs, so you may want to put it on an SD card.)

Hope this helps.
    Thanks A Lot!