Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. heckj's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #1  
    I could never sync by bluetooth until today. I donwloaded activesync beta 4.2 and low and behold activesync showed up in by services the first time. I could never get it to show up using the previous version of activesync. WOW. This maybe the fix for everyone who was having troubles with bluetooth sync
  2. #2  
    faster? can you sync to your pc via wifi?
  3. vassago's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #3  
    Did you un-install 4.1 or did you install 4.2 over 4.1 and let it upgrade the previous version?
  4. heckj's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #4  
    I just installed 4.2 over the old one. When I ran the installer it automatically upgraded me previous version of activesync
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    I could never sync by bluetooth until today. I donwloaded activesync beta 4.2 and low and behold activesync showed up in by services the first time. I could never get it to show up using the previous version of activesync. WOW. This maybe the fix for everyone who was having troubles with bluetooth sync
    I could never sync with bluetooth until i followed the appropriate steps.
  6. heckj's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
       #6  
    I followed the same steps. So it was either the update or new version of active sync that fixed my issues
  7. #7  
    Has anyone lost their ability to use Activesync with BT? I don't have the option in my AS menu any longer. It used to be there.
  8. #8  
    What are the right "steps" for setting up bluetooth sync. I have never gotten it to work. Thanks for the help!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbath
    What are the right "steps" for setting up bluetooth sync. I have never gotten it to work. Thanks for the help!
    Off the top of my head...

    1.) Un install your firewall and anti-virus.
    2.) Install the latest active sync.
    3.) Use the software on your pc to enable bluetooth, and open up a serial port.
    4.) From the phone, click on the bluetooth icon on the today screen.
    5.) Click on enable bluetooth.
    6.) Click on devices, and new partnership.
    7.) follow the wizard.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbath
    What are the right "steps" for setting up bluetooth sync. I have never gotten it to work. Thanks for the help!
    Basically, all you should have to do is pair your pc with your device and make sure Activesync is checked in the pc profile on your device. With BT ON on your pc, initiate a connection from Device's Activesync by selecting Connect Via Bluetooth from the Menu.
  11. #11  
    This is great. Finally i can use BT to sync!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by neomuzic
    faster? can you sync to your pc via wifi?
    Need to get your terms straight. "Wifi" and "bluetooth" are NOT the same animal. Google it.
  13. ft5117's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74 View Post
    Off the top of my head...

    1.) Un install your firewall and anti-virus.
    2.) Install the latest active sync.
    3.) Use the software on your pc to enable bluetooth, and open up a serial port.
    4.) From the phone, click on the bluetooth icon on the today screen.
    5.) Click on enable bluetooth.
    6.) Click on devices, and new partnership.
    7.) follow the wizard.
    i still can't get it to work. the activesync says "connecting" but eventually stops trying. is there an easier, surefire way to get activesync to connect?
  14. #14  
    I have the same issues here with the 700wx...

    I can make a serial port like it says in the instructions... ANd it will pair FINE... but Activesync (virgin 4.2 install) does not connect to the port or show up a s a service as some said on my the 700wx under my desktop machine...

    it is very frustrating that something simple is so tough...

    I DID install the new plug in for Bluetooth connectivity from the Palm 700wx install CD too.. that did help either.

    Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I can pair.. I can see a serial port and all but Activesync just says connecting and ont see it (OPlus the bluetooth setting under activesync doesnt work either)

    Help!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    I have the same issues here with the 700wx...

    I can make a serial port like it says in the instructions... ANd it will pair FINE... but Activesync (virgin 4.2 install) does not connect to the port or show up a s a service as some said on my the 700wx under my desktop machine...

    it is very frustrating that something simple is so tough...

    I DID install the new plug in for Bluetooth connectivity from the Palm 700wx install CD too.. that did help either.

    Anyone have any idea what is wrong? I can pair.. I can see a serial port and all but Activesync just says connecting and ont see it (OPlus the bluetooth setting under activesync doesnt work either)

    Help!
    Im having the same issue. What bluetooth stack are you using? I am using toshiba that came with my laptop. I think its terrible. Im about to try widcomm and see if it works.

Posting Permissions