1.    #1  
    I'm getting:

Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:\New\program files\Palm\Treo700wUpdater\autorun.inf. Verify that the file exists and that you can ccess it.

during the install process of the zip file. Verified this on two seperate machines running win xp. The "New" directory is the directory the zip file was unzipped to. Seems like the installer is looking for the program files directory there for some reason.

This is some kind of joke, right Palm? How many tries does it take to get an update right?

Anyone else seeing the same?
    I successfully completed the update today using the new updater and I was one of the people that had a problem with the original.

Could it be a problem with the software you're using to unzip the downloaded file?
  3.    #3  
    I'm using Winzip version 9.0 SR-1 (6224)
    Did you have the old updater still installed on the machine(s). Maybe it is getting confused? Try uninstalling the old one if so and then reinstalling/rerunning the new one.
    Sounds like an InstallShield problem. As rizky says, uninstall the old one, then install the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rizky
    Did you have the old updater still installed on the machine(s). Maybe it is getting confused? Try uninstalling the old one if so and then reinstalling/rerunning the new one.

It says specifically not to do the update your phone if you have already. You might want to do a hard reset and then try downloading it again. Here the website.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
    Quote Originally Posted by deadherring
    I'm getting:

Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:\New\program files\Palm\Treo700wUpdater\autorun.inf. Verify that the file exists and that you can ccess it.

during the install process of the zip file. Verified this on two seperate machines running win xp. The "New" directory is the directory the zip file was unzipped to. Seems like the installer is looking for the program files directory there for some reason.

This is some kind of joke, right Palm? How many tries does it take to get an update right?

Anyone else seeing the same?
    Im not sure what your circumstances are, but I was getting the same error notice, and I went through and unistalled the old updater, and deleted all files from the old updater off of my desktop. Once I did this, and downloaded it installed the updater on my desktop. Haven't had time to complete the update yet though.
    80's did the right thing. This is a bug due to InstallShield. Uninstall old/reinstall new appears to fix it.