Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With Verizon I was supposed to have unlimited text and pix with this Treo to anyone that is a verizon customer. This month's statement was $600 alone just for pix messaging!!!! I obviously flipped out. I was told, that you can't send pix because it is data. I don't have the unlimited data plan because it's $50 bucks a month and I don't need the email push or connect to the internet, that is why i have my laptop.
    I am curious, has anyone else got hosed like this? Is there anyway around this? If not, I may get another phone and just buy a pda.
    I have never heard of the Unlimited Pix as that would be "Data". If you had the unlimited data plan, you would have saved $550.00
    i have unlited text and pics but i also have unlimited data so i guess i would never have noticed but i believe when i had my 600 i ran into this problem with one bill but they corrected it after that, they have to switch stuff around with ur acct
    Got Treo?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Pix has nothing to do with the data plan. Unlimited data does not give you unlimited pix. If you have unlimited Pix, you do not have to have unlimited data plan. The customer rep has no clue what he/she is talking about.
    no what he is sayin is when u send a pic it doesnt use talkin minutes it connects thru the internet to send which inturn uses data, so verizon sees that as data usage
    Got Treo?
    I have a treo 700 with the unlimited data plan and my wife has the 650 with no data and the 500 text message plan that was supposed to include picture messages (so I was told when I bought the devices). On my last bill I was charged $11 for picture messages on my wifes phone.

When I called CS they said picture messages on the treos are data so even though I had the text messaging plan sending pictures is data so they charged me data charges. They also said the treos periodically "connect to the internet" on their own so if I didnt want to incur unwanted data charges I should put a block on the internet on my wifes phone which I did (makes no sense to me, but so be it)

I also got them to credit me the $11 since I was told picture messaging is included--to the original poster you might try that.

Typical Verizon misinformation.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Let me get this straight. For those of us on the 2000 free sms and unlimited data plans, we also have free mms pix messages as well?
    holy !@#$ is this true?! I have the same deal f1realtor, that would totally rock!!!! I usually send pix via email instead anyways but life would be much easier!!!
    well i kno with my 600 when i first noticed the problem i called and said something to them they chagned something on my account that fixed it, but typical verizon again, one rep says one things the other says, i have also been told i can get a replacment phone at one store then at another been given a replacement on the spot
    Got Treo?
    lailai

Did you try talking with Verizon yet? I've found them to be very accommadation over my many years with them. Usually one phone call or, on only one occassion, a bump up to a supervisor has always resolved any issues.

There are some other threads addressing this issue and someone explained how the pictures are sent via data instead of 'minutes'. They certainly seemed to understand the issue well but I confess it didn't make complete sense to me. I didn't have to care too much as I don't send pictures around.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have an unlimited data plan and I still get charged for picture messages. Yes, pix messages use data, but Verizon still charges you for them seperately. On the other hand, if you have unlimited pix messaging, they are not supposed to charge you for data usage.
  12.    #12  
    dcs11:
    The first two supervisors i spoke to placed blame on me for not knowing what I was doing (who knew unlimited pix weren't unlimited when you have a data device) Three more supervisors later and two promised return calls back to me that didn't happen I finally got them to credit my account. The bad thing is that I can't send pix now unless I get their data plan which I don't need for online status and what not.
    You would think that there would be a way around this, the same as sending text messages.
    i have been through this same problem when i got my phone a while back.....yes you WILL be charged for pics....the treo uses mms for sending pics.....and that needs to connect to the data service in order to send.....there is NO other way....and if you have a pix package it doesnt matter so i would drop it right away.....if you have the unlimited data plan you shouldnt be charged for sending pics, as it just uses data to connect and send.....
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    i have been through this same problem when i got my phone a while back.....yes you WILL be charged for pics....the treo uses mms for sending pics.....and that needs to connect to the data service in order to send.....there is NO other way....and if you have a pix package it doesnt matter so i would drop it right away.....if you have the unlimited data plan you shouldnt be charged for sending pics, as it just uses data to connect and send.....
    this is true, but the text part you will need to send text. The unlimited text and pics are for their phones, but there is a plan for Verizon (I forgot the name) but it gives you unlimited data and 3000 text for $50. It was made for certain pda phone that sends e-mails thru like text, but some new agents won't catch it, and put it on your treo plan. ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by ikg2004
    this is true, but the text part you will need to send text. The unlimited text and pics are for their phones, but there is a plan for Verizon (I forgot the name) but it gives you unlimited data and 3000 text for $50. It was made for certain pda phone that sends e-mails thru like text, but some new agents won't catch it, and put it on your treo plan. ha ha
    I have the unlimited data plan ($44.95) and 2000 free text messages (PDA SMS 2000). The text messages are supposed to be for the Exchange email notification on Exchange systems that are not 2003 sp2, but the system has no way to tell what the content is. This was a code the data services people added for me. I was told that picture messages on the Treo would be sent as data so I would not need a picture package. Other text messages fall into the free 2000. My bill agrees with what I was told.
    yeah i have the unlimited text and pics for like 4.99 plus the unlimited data for 44.99 plus my call plan is 39.99 so my plan is runnin me about 95 a month but its never any higher
    Got Treo?
    lailai

Sorry it was an effort but the good news is it was worth it, you were credited the $$ for their "confusing" plan descriptions.

We'll see what happens with next month's bill. I sent a picture and in my on-line acccount it shows both a pix/flix messaging charge AND data usage. (NOTE: I don't have any txt/pix/flix or data plans. Use my 650 as a phone/pda/documents device.) Can't see being double charged as legitimate and I believe someone like Verizon should have the bugs worked out when all these things have been around a while. Still, humans push the buttons and it does matter who you talk to.

Thanks dck22. It's good to know what can be done so one can 'discuss' more forcefully with the cs rep!
    Forgive me if this has already been said. I didn't read all the other posts. Just wanted to let you know that you can definitely get this bill corrected. You obviously didn't have the plan explained to you properly. That is not your fault and there is no way you would have sent that many pics if you had known that your bill was going out of control like that. They should credit your account and add unlimited data.

I know the unlimited data is alot but it is the only way to go if you are ever going to send an email or view a few web pages or do ANYTHING involving data. I know at $0.015/KB (less than 2 cents) it seems like it makes sense to just pay per kb if you don't expect to use alot of data. WRONG! $0.015/KB actually calculates to $15/MB. That means one email containing a large file (pdf, mp3, pictures, etc...) could easily cost you $20, $40, $60 or more. It is actually quite deceptive and very easy to fall victim to. Even pulling up one regular webpage can cost you $5 or more. That's just the very first page, don't click on a link!

Long story short, you should be able to get a credit for this month. Just argue that your account was not setup right. There's no way you would have passed on unlimited data if you would have know eack picture would cost you this much to send. But you will probably need to add unlimited data going forward because it's tough to argue that you would have taken it then if you won't take it now.

I had a similar issue on Sprint one time. That's the only reason I know how fast $0.015/KB can add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lailai
    dcs11:
    The first two supervisors i spoke to placed blame on me for not knowing what I was doing (who knew unlimited pix weren't unlimited when you have a data device) Three more supervisors later and two promised return calls back to me that didn't happen I finally got them to credit my account. The bad thing is that I can't send pix now unless I get their data plan which I don't need for online status and what not.
    You would think that there would be a way around this, the same as sending text messages.
    There is a feature in their systems that allow data usage for Unlimited Pix messaging and does not allow regular data usage. They use this for phones that have cameras and evdo, but are not PDAs. They can do the same for the Treo 700w, but you have to mention it and be persistent. This is not the customer's fault that their own customer service people don't know their own feature availability.
    Did anyone get this resolved? I would like to get the free in network "txt-pix-flix" that I'm currently paying for. But everytime I receive a pic, it makes me go on their network .

Does anyone have a workaround to this (without buying the data plan)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast