Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you use the MMS account in Messaging to send pictures, then you will be charged a fee for each picture you send, unless you are on a plan that allows for free "Text and Picture Messages". This is separate from any "Data" plan.

You can also set up an e-mail account in Messaging, and you can attach photos to the message you send. This counts as "Data". The unlimited data plan is $44.95 per month.

The statement "Pictures count as data" is wrong if you are using MMS.
    basically if you have a treo and want the best package with no overage fees.....
    get the 39.99 phone plan
    add the 49.95 unlimited data plan
    then ask for the PDA 2000 Allowance as you would need this for using exchange
    then you now have 2000 text messeges u can use and any pic sent using MMS will only use KB from your unlimited plan so it wont cost you a thing to send pics
    its funny how every1 has their own answer... well... to set everything straight...

MMS = 1 sms msg + data...

so yes unfortunately u dont get unlimited txt,pix,flx with the treo... instead u only get unlimited sms (txts).... so when we speak of the treo... PICTURES = DATA... this is because treos cant send mms like other phones... the only way treos can send mms is using data... hence, pics = data... any other questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn
    its funny how every1 has their own answer... well... to set everything straight...

MMS = 1 sms msg + data...

so yes unfortunately u dont get unlimited txt,pix,flx with the treo... instead u only get unlimited sms (txts).... so when we speak of the treo... PICTURES = DATA... this is because treos cant send mms like other phones... the only way treos can send mms is using data... hence, pics = data... any other questions?
    This is wrong (at least on my bill). I have unlimited data and the 2000 SMS allowance. MMS messages still cost me $.25 each. The only way to avoid the $.25 charge is to have a picture messaging option added to your account. The cheapest of which is $5.00 for 250 messages. MMS may use data to send/recieve but they still carry their own separate charge from SMS.

Update: I may stand corrected. The option to be billed .25 per MMS is removable from the account features. So I just removed it. I guess we'll see if they try to charge me for future MMS's.
    Last edited by beavis10; 08/04/2006 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    This is wrong (at least on my bill). I have unlimited data and the 2000 SMS allowance. MMS messages still cost me $.25 each. The only way to avoid the $.25 charge is to have a picture messaging option added to your account. The cheapest of which is $5.00 for 250 messages. MMS may use data to send/recieve but they still carry their own separate charge from SMS.

Update: I may stand corrected. The option to be billed .25 per MMS is removable from the account features. So I just removed it. I guess we'll see if they try to charge me for future MMS's.
    when i changed to the 2000 sms allowance they took mms off my plan.. so i called verizon and they said i needed a pic msg plan.. i know this is bs because like i said, mms on treo = 1 sms + data.. i told this to the rep.. and a few minutes later.. i was magically able to send mms msgs WITHOUT adding a pic msg plan.. those bastards! i just checked my statement and they did not charge me any extra fees for sms...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12