1.    #1  
    Are only a few people expeiencing the battery drain after the update? Are most people happy they did the update?
    Absolutely! The stability improvement alone is huge. All else is icing.
    without doubt!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    since it takes very little time and doesnt' cause any real issues that I've seen, I'd say it was for me.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It's turned out well for me.

D
    Do it!
    My battery life is unaffected, but I don't poll for e-mail. I do occasional manual send/receives throughout the day. The phone is also a bit snappier, especially when launching messaging (3 seconds vs. 10-15 seconds). The memory leaks are still there, but overall my phone works better now.
    So Palm takes it down because of a problem. It's still not available. Some report no problems after a few days, others report serious battery drain and some other anomalies.

Yes, certainly go ahead and install it, especially if enough people tell you to do so because nothing will go wrong.
    It's back up. Anyone tried it yet? I'd try the new one if, as they say, the experience is better.

I think a bunch of us are waiting for feedback before we leap.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I just ran the update and it seems to have gone successful. I do have one problem. When I have the automatic email polling set (currently at 30min), the connection will NOT disconnect. In the prior version, after checking email the connection would automatically disconnect.

This poses a problem since the area I spend most of my time is 1x, where I don't receive calls when the connection is active. Even if I manually disconnect, the phone will connect back up on its own. The connection icon will grey out and light back up every 1-2 minutes, even with email polling set for 30 minutes. The only solution so far is to turn off email polling.

Any suggestions for those that may have this figured out?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    So Palm takes it down because of a problem. It's still not available. Some report no problems after a few days, others report serious battery drain and some other anomalies.

Yes, certainly go ahead and install it, especially if enough people tell you to do so because nothing will go wrong.
    I thought Palm took it down not because of errors with the firmware but errors with the install process.

I gotta say that's pretty doom & gloom of you.