Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Ok.. here's one I found today... I happen to accidently hold down the power button too long and instead of powering off it turned the radio off (dunno if this is flight mode or not.. but radio was OFF).

Anyway.. so I turned the radio back on... well.. push email does not start up again automatically... you have to do a manual sync to get push email working again...

Seems like maybe it should do that on its own... ?????? I know my BB does
    Mine comes back automatically. Maybe there is a setting that you don't have checked. Even if I do a close all programs and close activesync It still restarts itself and I don't miss any emails. It actually works better thanI expected.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    BigTreo,

Are you in an EVDO area ???? I'm on 1xRTT...

The connection settings are the default ones... and I'm confident that push mail stops after turning radio off. then back on...

Did you hold the power button down ? Or use some other method to turn flight mode on ?????

Thanks for the post... maybe I do have something not checked.. or checked for that matter
    Last edited by WayCool; 04/26/2006 at 02:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Ok.. I see whats up there....

It seems... that it does eventually turn back on... and push mail starts working again...

The deal here is that I have BOTH a Blackberry AND a 700w. Well if I turn off radio on both devices and then turn it back on... the Blackberry IMEDIATELY gets mail delivered.

The WM5 device takes up to 5 minutes before it restarts the server connection loop.

So.. my issue was that if I turned off radio on the 700w and the turned it back on.... I would get an email on my Blackberry ... but I noticed the 700w nothing happened... So thats what made me think it was not working.. Had a waited up to 5 or so minutes the 700w would have indeed started recieving mail again...

FWIW... nother item to put on the list for helpdesk questions etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by WayCool
    It seems... that it does eventually turn back on... and push mail starts working again...
    Patience my son ...
    Yes, and now that you're aware of it, instead of waiting 5 minutes just take 2 seconds sync itreal quick!