1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I got this tip from another thread, and it's made such a huge improvement in my sync speed that I wanted to make sure I mentioned it in it's own thread.

Delete all the files in the Windows/Temp folder on your Treo before you sync. It works miracles!

I had no idea how many gazillions of files pile up in that folder over time. I use Space Reclaimer, and I assumed that using that app cleaned out the folder properly (since there is a checkbox for "delete windows temp folder"). However, when I used Resco File Explorer to actually look at the Windows/Temp folder on my Treo, there were, like, a gaZILlion files in there. It took almost 5 minutes by the clock for my Treo to delete them all. It probably would be easier to use my desktop computer to navigate to that folder and delete the files when my Treo is connected. However, Space Reclaimer also offers the option of deleting files in two user-defined folders, so I just set one of those folders to th windows/temp folder, and I plan on running Space Reclaimer every morning - not just to clean out the windows temp folder, but also dead shortcuts, zero byte files, etc....all the junk that can accumulate. I have way more free ram that way, and MAN...

does my ActiveSync run soooo much faster now!! No more eternal "looking for changes" messages!...

Hope this helps.
    Since applying the update to my Treo 700W last week, I have had no files in my Temp folder.
    the update fixed this issue.
    Agreed.
    I don't use AS, I use Wireless Sync. I've done the update after a hard reset and I had just 72 files in there.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    It was originally posted here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...d.php?t=111766

It was referenced everywhere else and found its way back home.

The update does solve this.
  7.    #7  
    So...the update prevents the temp folder from loading up with zero byte files? Sweet!

I'm still skepitcal about whether to do the update or not, since people have been complaining about the battery drain.

What do you guys think...is the update worth it?
    Yes, worth it. You will notice more power drain as the EVDO connection goes on OFTEN.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    So...the update prevents the temp folder from loading up with zero byte files? Sweet!

I'm still skepitcal about whether to do the update or not, since people have been complaining about the battery drain.

What do you guys think...is the update worth it?
    The power only drains if you are in a low signal area.