1.    #1  
    Has any one found a way to send text messages to multiple recipients beside manually selecting them? Is there any way to send a text message to groups?

John
    Yeah what about threaded sms also. Did we just give up on that one all together? The one disadvantage so far with having the 700w is the lack of independent programmers creating solutions. With the 600 there were solutions to problems popping up daily. It even got to the point when there were competing solution providers. I thought this was because the Treo was a great device but it seems that it was because of the ease of programming in PalmOS. Anyhow, there is money to be made if one of these programmers can get with the new program.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Yeah what about threaded sms also. Did we just give up on that one all together? The one disadvantage so far with having the 700w is the lack of independent programmers creating solutions. With the 600 there were solutions to problems popping up daily. It even got to the point when there were competing solution providers. I thought this was because the Treo was a great device but it seems that it was because of the ease of programming in PalmOS. Anyhow, there is money to be made if one of these programmers can get with the new program.
    Another deterrent for a developer is that you must buy a somewhat expensive development tool to program for Windows Mobile.
    Doh!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf
    Has any one found a way to send text messages to multiple recipients beside manually selecting them? Is there any way to send a text message to groups?

John
    I read about a company called 3Jam at one of the other Treo related sites. I believe they are based in SF, California. Might be your answer. (I'm not an employee nor a customer, just passing along the info...)

D
    3Jam was mentioned at Treonauts.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    That's where I saw it but wasn't sure if I should post the link...

D
  8.    #8  
    that 3jam thing looks pretty nice, but still not what I am looking for. Really just want a way to send bulk sms messages.
  9.    #9  
    bump
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    This is what I do. I know its not what you want, but I make a list of all the numbers I want to add in a group in either a word doc or note pad. then whenever I want to send to that group, open the doc, select all, copy, and paste in msgs prog.

if anyone has a better way, I'd love to hear it.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    Another deterrent for a developer is that you must buy a somewhat expensive development tool to program for Windows Mobile.
    What tool would that be? Last time I checked, both the IDE and SDK were available for free.