Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Is invisibleShield applied the same way as BSE? I wonder what is different about it that saves from the yellowing tint?
    I have an IS on my iPod and it is applied the same way as the BSE. I think both products are really similar but I haven't noticed any yellowing with either product on either device.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I have an IS on my iPod and it is applied the same way as the BSE. I think both products are really similar but I haven't noticed any yellowing with either product on either device.
    Thanks MarkY...I was thinking of purchasing IS, but keep me posted if you could on how they hold up thru time. I don't want to rip my BSE off to have the same thing happen with IS.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Also, I keep hearing of people griping about the burn look on the edges. From my experience it is just dirt build up on the edges and it seeps underneath the skin on the edge and stains it over time. Handling the device over time the skins will pick up the uglies that you don't recongnize.
    nah, its not just dirt... its actual discoloration of the skin..ah well i got a replacement fone now so its all neked again... prolly not gonna get another BSE..
    Just ordered the BSE full body shield. We'll see....
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I know this is a different kind of case, but...

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...002&cat=180040

The Palm Flexi Case is great, perfect for my 700wx. It adds very little thickness to the treo, but gives good protection to the whole phone, inclusing all the buttons and the keyboard. It's a non-slip design, making the Treo much easier to hold...

Plus, it is easier than the InvisibleShield to put on...no bubbles or wrinkles
    just picked up one for my 700 p and like everything about this case.
    this is so ridiculous. the corners & edges are the most likely to be impacted upon a drop but NO ONE gets this. Most of these cases made have these areas exposed!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    this is so ridiculous. the corners & edges are the most likely to be impacted upon a drop but NO ONE gets this. Most of these cases made have these areas exposed!!!!
    That's why I always recommend a good silicon skin case (JavoEdge JavoSkin or Palm Flexi Case for 700 Series) + a horizontal or vertical pouch case that will fit a silicon skinned Treo (Sena Lateral Pouch, Seidio Pouch, Palm Leather Pouch, etc.).

The two silicon skin cases I mentioned above do cover corners as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    I know this is a different kind of case, but...

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...002&cat=180040

The Palm Flexi Case is great, perfect for my 700wx. It adds very little thickness to the treo, but gives good protection to the whole phone, inclusing all the buttons and the keyboard. It's a non-slip design, making the Treo much easier to hold...

Plus, it is easier than the InvisibleShield to put on...no bubbles or wrinkles
    The best protection would be IS or BSE + the Palm Flexi case. You're definitely protected from scratches (except for the antenna, screen and SD slot / IR port). You can protect the antenna and IR port by cutting extra pieces you may have from your IS or BSE to fit the antenna and IR port.
    ok after reading 5 pages of threads, I'll stick to the topic which is skins and NOT corner/drop protection.

i dont have the IS but i purchased the BSE. i dont know why this and similar products dont get more press. it really is a nice product for $7. it covers my treo very well, it looks great, but hopefully, won't have any fading or peeling issues. even if it does, $7 to replace it is not breaking the bank.

applying this was a piece of cake. since i've applied similar material to my truck's hood, i had a little experience. the key to applying any film product is to anchor a small patch when the material is all lined up. by anchoring, it means taht you completely squeagy out the water from one corner and then squeegy out the rest of the water while still holding your finger/thumb on the piece that you anchored. this prevents the film from sliding out and out of alignment.

i just used a non-linty t-shirt and held the treo in my hand.

overall a +10 on the 10 scale

bob
    I'm looking for a good screen protector for my new sprint 700wx. How is the screen part of the protection with this BSE? Is it perfectly clear like some others that only sell the screen protector?

Thanks for any info.
    the yellowing effect of BSE is starting to worry me. I have a 755p blue... i dont want it to be green in a few months time. should i be concerned? i ordered mine a few days ago, and i wont be installing it if it'll make my treo look green.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345