Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Looks like I'm going to get this skin instead of the seidio. Anyone know a good holster?
    Get the best skins. Save you $$$ and plus i've seen good reviews from using them.
    I am using the Best Skins now on my 700p. I never used anything like it before. So I can't really compare. I like using the Treo without a case, so this option makes most sense to me. I also like how it improves the grip of the device.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I put on the Best Skins package on my new Treo. They went on without a hitch, and leave the Treo looking great. I had no problem with air bubbles. I did not use the screen protector, as I am using a PDAir cover.

You can't go wrong with the BS's. I'm using a Monaco pouch . . . which is a bit tight. I hope this will loosen up over time. The skins don't add much thickness . . . so the Monaco must be assembled fairly tight to begin with.
    As I await my skins in the mail...One question to anyone that has it if applicable. If you decide to remove it later for some reasons...does it leave any residue, or sticky residue. Just like a brand new corvette with a braw...never could understand people who put braws on a nice car...its their to protect, but after some time its like a bandaide on your finger that has been there for a while, and you know what it looks like when you remove it...Their to protect, but screws it up in the process.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The Invisible Shield?

Just of course, to throw a new aspect to this conversation, anyone try this product? I used it on my last Treo before it was replaced, the same concept applies, you get this sheet of "protectors" you have to soak them in water and then place them strategically on your device, takes a little skill, however, these are washable (they claimed), I tried and mine got all gunked up and don't stick anymore:

http://www.shieldzone.com/
  7. kac
    I've had the BSE on my Treo for about 1 month now. I like the rubbery grip it gives it so it doesn't slip out of my hands. One thing I can't understand is that it seems to change colors. In certain areas of the skin it appears burned like as if I turned a lighter on over the skin for a few seconds. I don't understand where it comes from. My girlfriend has a 650 and hers did the same thing.

I also have an IPOD and bought the Invisible Shield instead of the BSE. I've had that skin for about 1 year and don't see one "burn" type mark anywhere on it. I've even left it out in the sun and still no burn marks. I wonder if it's the material and if the Treo version of the Invisible Shield is suseptible to the "burn" mark problem.
  8.    #68  
    no burn marks on mine so far and I've had it for quite some time now.
    Same. Have had a BSE on my 700P for just over a month now. Also have a BSE on my Nano for almost seven months. No burn or brown marks on mine.
    Could the marks be from the battery being heated during charging?
    anyone know if the skins will interfere with the ProClips car mount? If you have a Proclips, you'll know that the fit is already very snug.
    I have the same question as lawrence, does anyone know if this interferes with the ProClip car mount?

I'd really like to get this.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    i had the best skins ever and i was very happy with it for the 1st couple months but it seems after 3 months of use... my phone is YELLOW... the skin is no longer clear and pretty much every panel has turned yellow and has the burn affect on the edges... ive emailed BSE twice about this in the past couple weeks and NO reply wut so ever... pretty bad customer service if u ask me..

and just fyi.. there is no interference with the proclip... i used it the bSE with proclip and it fit fine..just a lil more snug but i had no dificulties tryin to slide it in or out...
    I've had an InvisibleShield for 5 months and they are still as clear as the day I applied it. There are a few scratches in areas NOT covered though.
    check out these

wonder if they are made with same material as bse

they are only 3 pieces, dont cover as mush as bse either

but cool designs

skins

I like the looks of these. Anyone here tried them? Comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    check out these

wonder if they are made with same material as bse

they are only 3 pieces, dont cover as mush as bse either

but cool designs

skins

another "art" skin option:
    http://www.skinit.com/

- the Ebay option appears to give you a set of 3 for 8.99
    - skinit costs 14.95 for 1
    - both apear to cover between keys of Treo while top/bottom apear to remain expose - cornors w/Ebay & total top/bottom w/skinit
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn View Post
    i had the best skins ever and i was very happy with it for the 1st couple months but it seems after 3 months of use... my phone is YELLOW... the skin is no longer clear and pretty much every panel has turned yellow and has the burn affect on the edges... ive emailed BSE twice about this in the past couple weeks and NO reply wut so ever... pretty bad customer service if u ask me..

and just fyi.. there is no interference with the proclip... i used it the bSE with proclip and it fit fine..just a lil more snug but i had no dificulties tryin to slide it in or out...
    Mine is starting to get a yellow tint also, but only in the areas with the most handling. I still love BSE...until the yellow tint overcomes every area and my device starts looking a yellowish grey, I might think of other alternatives.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    I've had an InvisibleShield for 5 months and they are still as clear as the day I applied it. There are a few scratches in areas NOT covered though.
    Is invisibleShield applied the same way as BSE? I wonder what is different about it that saves from the yellowing tint?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn View Post

Also, I keep hearing of people griping about the burn look on the edges. From my experience it is just dirt build up on the edges and it seeps underneath the skin on the edge and stains it over time. Handling the device over time the skins will pick up the uglies that you don't recongnize.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast