Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This product is great. I use it with a Monaco vertical pouch. Fits great!!! I have noticed that pouches with elastic sides are an issue due to the more sticky nature of the product. It is much beter than the silicone covers. You can not even tell that it is there!!!
    Just to let everyone know... the BSE comes off SUPER easy and leaves NO residue al all. My "U" button stopped working on my Treo 700w and I had to call verizon for a replacement. I peeled the skin off the defective unit before I sent it back.
    Anyone try these with a cradle? If so which cradle and how is the fit?
    I use the Palm cradle and it works great, no issues.
    Just finished ordering mine. Thanks, everyone!
    Tried to install my first IS screen protector last night. It was horrible. I used the little spray bottle that came with it and sprayed a little too much. Alot of the liquid went in between the frame and screen in my 700P so I had to wait 24 hours before I could use my 700P again. The IS got too much dust on it while I was spraying it to put it on so I had to toss it. I wish we could send our Treos to IS so they can install it for us.

Seems like you need to install it in a clean room.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcave
    I'd like to share a testimonial about BSE.
    JW, how did you contact BSE for customer service? They shipped me the wrong part, but haven't replied to my emails asking about a replacement.

john
    How does BSE compare to egrips, I had egrips on my 650 so it wouldn't slip out of hands so easily...and less so for the protection factor.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shuto007
    How does BSE compare to egrips
    Before I realized that the BSE skin didn't quite fit, I had gotten most of it on. I went ahead and let the installed pieces dry out somewhat, just to test.

The material did have a "grippy" feel - not quite on the order of eGrips, but still far better than naked.

have fun,
    john
    I too had the wrong part sent to me. I got a Treo 650 Skin. They are sending my Treo 700w skin and allowing me to keep the treo 650 skin for my brother's phone

i emailed info@nestskinsever.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage
    JW, how did you contact BSE for customer service? They shipped me the wrong part, but haven't replied to my emails asking about a replacement.

john
    I sent them a note to Info@bestskinsever.com. They responded very quickly and were very helpful.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcave
    I sent them a note to Info@bestskinsever.com. They responded very quickly and were very helpful.
    Thanks - I received an email from Michael Herring last night; they're sending me the correct part today.

have fun,
    john
    I ordered the best skins ever for two of my 700ps.

Notes:
    1) order came promptly in about four days.
    2) This is the first time I have ever applied such a product
    3) fit is very good
    4) feel is very good. it has a ever so slight better grip/tack than the hard plastic of the treo case. this is exatly what I wanted. I did not want something so "grippy" that it woudl not easily come out of my jacket or trouser pocket.

5) I do a fair amount of text cut and paste and included screen protector is definately too soft as others have noted. but I had not even expected one so no complaints

only one complaint:
    6) I dont know if it is the two from the batch I got or what, but the stamping (cutting) of the pattern was not deep enough. removing the "scrap" piece(s) surrounding the useable pieces was a bit difficult and I worried about stretching or harming the discreet edge. I could see after that the paper underneath was not even dented. ie the palstic was scored but nor really cut all the way through everywhere on all the pieces. It worked out ok but I would say quality control on this aspect was less than perfect.

In the end the finished application looks and feels very good. overall I am happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun
    I too had the wrong part sent to me. I got a Treo 650 Skin. They are sending my Treo 700w skin and allowing me to keep the treo 650 skin for my brother's phone

i emailed info@nestskinsever.com

I think I too was also shipped the 650 skin. How would I know for sure? Is it the piece for the camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloome
    I think I too was also shipped the 650 skin. How would I know for sure? Is it the piece for the camera?
    Wow... this must be an epidemic with them. They sent me two 650 skins instead of the two 700's I ordered.

The most obvious way to tell is the camera cutout, but it's also noticeable around the volume rocker buttons, and all the pieces in general. Even the battery cover didn't seem to be nicely cut when I applied it, the corners were off, it wasn't the same neat cut that I had on my a900 BSE (I began applying it to my new Treo before I noticed I had the wrong skin, too.)

Also, the 700 skin has two more pieces than the 650. For example, there's supposed to be a piece to cover the lip below the keypad, which is not included with the 650.

Hoping my replacements get here quick...
    Does anyone know if this skin would "work" with the Innopocket Hard Case? I find it is already a snug fit with the protective neoprene, so I'm curious as to whether it would fit in if I applied a BSE or if the skin might be too much and/or shift around.

Thanks!
    Aero,

I agree with your point 1, 2, 4,5 and 6. in point 6 I think it's okay if you pull it just a little, because it is suppose to be "flexible".

point 3 is only "okay" I wish it would cover the corner a little more.

and of course can't beat the price!

Quote Originally Posted by aero
    I ordered the best skins ever for two of my 700ps.

Notes:
    1) order came promptly in about four days.
    2) This is the first time I have ever applied such a product
    3) fit is very good
    4) feel is very good. it has a ever so slight better grip/tack than the hard plastic of the treo case. this is exatly what I wanted. I did not want something so "grippy" that it woudl not easily come out of my jacket or trouser pocket.

5) I do a fair amount of text cut and paste and included screen protector is definately too soft as others have noted. but I had not even expected one so no complaints

only one complaint:
    6) I dont know if it is the two from the batch I got or what, but the stamping (cutting) of the pattern was not deep enough. removing the "scrap" piece(s) surrounding the useable pieces was a bit difficult and I worried about stretching or harming the discreet edge. I could see after that the paper underneath was not even dented. ie the palstic was scored but nor really cut all the way through everywhere on all the pieces. It worked out ok but I would say quality control on this aspect was less than perfect.

In the end the finished application looks and feels very good. overall I am happy.
    I ordered and applied BSE to a 700P instead of a "W". It certainly met my expectations but after applying the product, I would like better coverage on the edges (stuff that would get nicked due to drops).

In the end, I do like the skin since I like my Treo nekkid . This allows me to carry it without a case knowing that I have a small amount of drop protection and a fair amount of scratch protection for times where I sit my device on tables.
    Reporting back after apply BSE and also use Crystal Clear Case (from ebay).
    you can search to found out more about clear cases http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&page=1&pp=20
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107962 titled for Treo 650 but now they got case for 700 P/W

the clear case I got slide a little when apply the hot sync wires...after apply BSE it is very very tight. BSE does have some grip so in the office I can take off the case it stay in my pocket. while I commute bus/train... I put the case back and put on my headphone haah haa and mine is NO iPode!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Just to put in my $0.02:

I applied my Best Skins Ever last night. It took me about 40 minutes. I think I used too much soap, so I had to wait 5 minutes between each piece I applied. Otherwise, the last piece would have slid around while I was trying to apply the next piece.

All in all, I'm very happy with it. No bubbles at all. Feels a little rubber-y, like a silicon skin case, but doesn't offer that level of protection. Still, I feel reasonably safe from scratches. And I plan on putting my 700P in a clear case anyway, so I guess I'm going for the most protection you can get while maintaining the naked look.

One suggestion: do the battery cover last when you apply your BSE. That is the only part with flaps, and mine didn't want to stay down. So, I had to wait until the rest of that piece was on pretty firmly before I could really press down on the stubborn flaps. I did the battery cover first, but would have been more patient with this part had I already gained some experience from doing the other parts beforehand.

Can't go wrong for the price. Very nice product, and a great deal, too!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast