1.    #1  
    I use messaging to check my POP3 account. It does leave the email on the server, which is good, because at night I run Outlook to download the messages to my PC. I am happy with everything with this exception. What I would like to happen is this scenario:

After a message is downloaded to my Treo700w, and if I decide to delete the email on the Treo700w, then the next time it connects to the POP mail server, I would like it to delete the item off the email server.

Push Technology doesn’t work for me because I need at least thirty days of email with me on the Treo. Wireless Sync only offers 7 days. I wish I could have 90 days. Even the new Active Sync 4.1 only allows up to 30 days. You can sync “All” email but that would be too much.

What can I do?
    Brian
    Video Expressions
    www.videoexpressions.com
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGuy
    What I would like to happen is this scenario:

After a message is downloaded to my Treo700w, and if I decide to delete the email on the Treo700w, then the next time it connects to the POP mail server, I would like it to delete the item off the email server.
    This is exactly what the 700w does. I don't use PUSH, just plain manual send/receives to check various POP3 accounts. if I delete an email from my inbox on the phone and do another send/receive, the email is deleted from the server.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You can keep using your Pop3 account for this or you can set up a hosted Exchange account. With hosted Exchange you will be able to set up the amount of email in terms of day (say...30,60,90 or anywhere in between I think) and your Sent mail will be synchronized at well. Also, you get to synchronize all of your other PIM data that way.

With your current setup, when you delete email it goes into the Delete email folder in the Inbox, but it is not yet deleted from the server. If you want it deleted from the server you have to empty the Delete mail folder.
    Is there away to check various pop accounts and have them go to a single pop account on my treo. If I add 4 of my pops to my device each mailbox is seperate and I could use one account to retrieve the others but I dont always trust that.
  5.    #5  
    Maybe it is my POP server, but it does not delete the messages when I reconnect.

As far as the Exchange thing, it is just my one computer running Outlook that I want to sync up. I don't want to spend money to buy Exchange server. I don't need that.
    Brian
    Video Expressions
    www.videoexpressions.com