Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems that SKTools cannot keep WMPlayer from closing. If left on long enough it will get closed by the OS.

Update 1.10 - The "De-Multitasking" patch. I may have to go back to my 650 or an XV6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerm
    It seems that SKTools cannot keep WMPlayer from closing. If left on long enough it will get closed by the OS.

Update 1.10 - The "De-Multitasking" patch. I may have to go back to my 650 or an XV6700.

I concur with littlerm. SKTools can't keep my apps from closing either. When the ram gets below 4-5mb, it starts closing PIE and/or Newsbreak.

I like that "De-Multitasking Patch" Funny.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ya, i noticed that it doesn't consistently keep apps from closing too
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I just tried TomTom on my Treo 650 while playing music using PocketTunes, it works great. I can even pull up a console to change music without ever leaving TomTom. So, the Treo 650 with single-tasking OS can multitask music with other programs, while the Treo 700 with multi-tasking OS cannot. I find that quite amusing.
    Does anyone have an update on this issue? I am already thinking about the 700P. Maybe that was Palm's plan all along?
    I am in the same boat. Agile in the background really messed things up. For some reason actually uninstalling Agile made my system a little more stable but I am still getting explorer closing on its own, just not as often. Does this Treo fun and excitement ever end????

Neil
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    When I run SK Tools/processes I can't even find PIE in the list of running processes. It always lists the same things no matter what is runninig in the background. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it even worth the try? I am reading now that sk doesn't even solve the problem. what should I do? I hate it when PIE closes.
    SKTools will not keep programs from closing on the 700W. It does have a few other nice features, but none of them are necessary for my use. I just want to multitask on this so-called multitasking OS! The real fix is more memory, but that's not possible yet.
    I was just on windowsmedia.com in IE, trying to stream a video to media player and when WMP opened I got an "out of memory" error and then BOTH WMP and IE shut down. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet by Palm/MS. So now while attempting to multitask the phone does neither task, aka zerotasking. This is really would be a great phone if the memory problems were corrected.
    my phone operation annoyed me so much i called data support and had another unit sent out
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12