Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now you can use A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo) on HTC Tornado w/ AKU2 ROM...

1. The ROM should be updated as latest AKU2 ROM from i-mate (SP5 or 8310: i-mate_SP5_???_2.5.33?.?.zip, SP5m or 8300: i-mate_SP5m_???_2.6.33?.?.zip) and unlocked by RegEditSTG.exe and SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe .

2. Copy Avrcp_MPplugin.dll, bta2dp.dll, sbc.dll to \Windows thru ActiveSync.

3. Copy Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB to any folder (I recommend \My Documents), and execute CAB from File Manager.

4. Import or modify A2DP-related registry values, using MobileRegistryEditor (see Readme.txt or A2DP.reg included in the ZIP file).

5. Power Off and On

6. You can enable A2DP for your stereo headset, from Settings - 6. Connections - 2. Bluetooth - Menu (right softkey) - 1. Devices - Select your A2DP headset - Menu (right softkey) - Set as Wireless Stereo !!

Enjoy!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...=275747#275747

People are reporting this method also works with the HTC Wizard. No guarantees, but this may be worth a try for post-update Treo 700w users. You need to register to download the file. Full backup recommended.

Surur
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I don't suppose someone could just post the file here?
  3.    #3  
    Tornado_A2DP.zip (43kb)

Surur
    That's great. Anyone testing?
    well I made all the changes but not sure how to tell if A2DP works, I dont have an A2DP headset LOL
    Last edited by Weaweil; 04/24/2006 at 06:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing.
    I have an a2dp headset at home. I will try to get it working tonight and post the results tomorrow.
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    Treocentral Treo 700w Update - JohnnyG

1. Download attached zip file JohnnyG-A2DP.zip
    2. Copy "Avrcp_MPplugin.dll", "bta2dp.dll", "sbc.dll" to \Windows thru ActiveSync.
    3. Copy "Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB" and "RESCOA2DP.reg" to any folder (I recommend \My Documents), and execute CAB from File Manager to install the certificate. (I don't know if this needed, it might just be on HTC locked phones)
    3. Install a trial/purchased copy of Resco Explorer (only Registry plugin needed) EXE/CAB:

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp

4. In Resco Registy, Import RESCOA2DP.reg
    5. Soft reset.

When paired with a Bluetake 450RX headset, "Wireless Stereo" now shows up (along with the headset, since bluetake can do both).

Noticed: Sounds/Notifications come through stereo headeset now...more later.

Note - I updated the reg file to a syntax that will work with Resco...Mobile Registry does not have an import function, and Resco has different syntax than the original exported version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bad news, it appears while system sounds workfine...it's breaking up on music every second. Overclocked to 520 with xcpuscalar still does not work...will keep trying.

CPU not spiking according to the cpu load of xcpuscalar...might be a BT IO HW chip tx limitation.

Stop/Fwd/Next/Volume (AVRCP) controls don't seem to work either...hopefully, it is just with my headphones.

Trying TCMP...nope.

Audible...nope.

Anyone remember te media player hack to keep the priority up, even in the background?

Sorry...it just doesn't seem to work, and I definately don't know any bluetooth registry settings to tweak.
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 04/25/2006 at 01:36 AM.
    well glad to see all you 700w users are finally joining us 650 users in the world of a2dp and push email. this may just make me grab a 700w whenever sprint releases it....that is if ppctechs can get the memory upgraded
    I used the above as the orginal source...it apear their models work without issue.
  12.    #13  
    They specifically mention its only for AKU 2 devices. Do you have the upgrade on yours?

Surur
    ... I do have to say that you look quite dorky in your picture...it's all good though!
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/25/2006 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkincaid
    ... I do have to say that you look quite dorky in your picture...it's all good though!
    yeah, the things we do for tech these days
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/25/2006 at 04:40 AM.
    "we" ... maybe not all of us ... lol

humor
    haha, i hear ya

any word on the status of this? this is one thing really holding me back from switching to the w
  17.    #18  
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=48502

If the first method looks a bit scary, if you go to the above thread, download and execute tornado_a2dp.cab, and soft reset your device (after a few minutes) it may work. It does the same as the first method, but in an easy to use package.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG
    Treocentral Treo 700w Update - JohnnyG

1. Download attached zip file JohnnyG-A2DP.zip
    2. Copy "Avrcp_MPplugin.dll", "bta2dp.dll", "sbc.dll" to \Windows thru ActiveSync.
    3. Copy "Tor_A2DP_cert.CAB" and "RESCOA2DP.reg" to any folder (I recommend \My Documents), and execute CAB from File Manager to install the certificate. (I don't know if this needed, it might just be on HTC locked phones)
    3. Install a trial/purchased copy of Resco Explorer (only Registry plugin needed) EXE/CAB:

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp

4. In Resco Registy, Import RESCOA2DP.reg
    5. Soft reset.

When paired with a Bluetake 450RX headset, "Wireless Stereo" now shows up (along with the headset, since bluetake can do both).

Noticed: Sounds/Notifications come through stereo headeset now...more later.

Note - I updated the reg file to a syntax that will work with Resco...Mobile Registry does not have an import function, and Resco has different syntax than the original exported version.

Have you noticed if sounds/notifications come through on a standard BT headset?
    JohnnyG - Have you noticed this causing any problems with your device. I am willing to try this. I have the Motorola HT820 headphones. So maybe trying with a different set of headphones might give better success. I can't afford to mess up normal use of my phone with this test.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast