Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Got the xscale DLLs, they won't provide the dialog box to enable "Wireless Stereo"...don't know what's left.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG
    Got the xscale DLLs, they won't provide the dialog box to enable "Wireless Stereo"...don't know what's left.
    Yea it's interesting. Using the xscale dll's, when I pair my HT820 It shows services for "Wireless Stereo" and "Wireless Headset" however after it is paired, the "Wireless Stereo" option goes away...

I suppose we need to look st the Universal A2DP registry settings but I have no clue why they would be different.

Also,
    I would be curious if all 3 of the .dll files need to be updated, ie, we know that Avrcp_MPplugin.dll is for WMP, try replacing each .dll one at a time then pair up your device and see how it works. It is possible that only 1 of the .dll files needs to be updated...:shrug:
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VashTheStampeed
    If I have brought VTS to just one person, then my life has had meaning. :-)

If you liked VTS you would probably like the "Hellsing" series as well.
    well i picked up a liking for anime on adult swim, a little Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, and Inuyasha. I only like Trigun and Inuyasha because they are funny... the whole big explosion DBZ stuff doesn't catch my fancy... and robin witch hunter is just a insane beautiful show... its exemplifies why i hate anime though... i dont like how they are really just animated books... a story start to finish... no season 2 kinda thing...

back on topic... someone send me the xscale dlls
    Yes, I would love to play with those dlls as well.
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    I'm guessing its not the dll's since the word on xda-developers is that this patch works just fine on the HTC Apache which is xScale powered like the Treo. Both devices may even be using the same processor.

Has anyone tried using TCPMP instead of media player? I use TCPMP on my 8125 with no issues on A2DP.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've tried TCPMP and get the same results as WMP.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Too bad. WMP understands AVRCP but TCMP plays with no drops ever. WMP can drop pretty often when my 8125 is busy. Was hoping your XP with TCPMP would be better...
    I have tried using WMP, TCMP, Pocket Player, and GSPlayer with no luck. It's either those darn dll's or some registry settings that need to be changed or a program that needs to be created to make A2DP a high enough priority or something! There is a person out there already working on a solution and they aren't saying anything about it yet. Soon they will provide the soultion as a nice neat packaged program and charge $19.95 or some other reasonable (I hope) amount of money. One way or another we will be victorious!
    Agree. I suspect the Treo 700W's POS bluetooth implementation may somehow be behind this making a custom workaround the best solution. Did anybody have any luck implementing the WidComm Bleutooth stack on this device? If so, perhaps they could try this A2DP patch and report back.
    Now there's a good idea. How can we do it. I just may give it a try if someone has good directions.
    Here's a link to get you started:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=widcomm
    Vash, am experiencing the same problem you had. i have installed, reinstalled hard reset name it but i cant get it to use the headset currently HT820. i also tried the BT 420Rx but this one dint even pair as a hands free. anything special i need to do?
    Just got into this mess by getting a Plantronics 590A Bluetooth Stereo Headset and installing the hack. Yup, pausing every few seconds...

Got a hold of a friend's Qtek 9000 for the weekend, that just got upgraded to AKU2 with A2DP. What should I be doing on it? Dumping the ROM and registry? Anything specific?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    any news guys? judging from the static i get when i use a regular headset...I'm wondering if the treo is just too gimp to handle it... that would suck *** too because I like the phone... but i need a2dp... looks like I have to start shopping for a new phone
    I don't think any of us that were working on this were advanced enough to know what we need to do to fix this. I think it can be fixed though.
    I agree. I am certainly not advanced enough to do anything more than follow the directions the hackers give me. But I'm keeping my ear to the ground. I want A2DP worse than I want the memory upgrade.
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    It would be nice to have A2DP, but maybe the hackers are running into the same issues that Palm did which caused them to leave it out. I could be thinking about this wrong, but I don't see this cutting into a Verizon revenue stream. So I doubt they left it out because of Verizon. Palm was heavily pushing the multimedia capabilities of this device, so having A2DP is a no-brainer. I just think they left it out for a technical reason which the hackers are uncovering. Hopefully this is fixable, but I am glad that palm released more important updates first rather than holding up the works to get A2DP going as part of the package.

The downside is that, unlike the updates they did release, Palm never promised A2DP capability so they may not think that it is incumbent on them to bother with it. They might also think to leave it to the shareware folks to tackle it, it has been done before.

Another reason could be licensing. Perhaps this is a feature that MS licenses separately which Palm doesn't pay for. A WinCE OEM could confirm or deny that, but it is as good a reason as any.

Sam
    my 1 cent. certain flags have to be enabled on the bt radio allow a2dp, dun or any other services that bt can run, by default disabled by service providers for undocumented reasons.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I don't think any of us that were working on this were advanced enough to know what we need to do to fix this. I think it can be fixed though.
    if that is what you presumed i meant... your mistaken... I KNOW none of us in this thread is adept enough... we were all kinda throwing theories and begging for help... my only problem is that this shouldnt be hard...

is there a way to force a2dp to do low quality.... i know thats not a fix but it would suffice for me at least for now.. or is a2dp kinda set where it is.... it's truly disappointing that the treo can't physically handle the hack when all those other devices can... grrr
    One thing that one of you guys with an a2dp headset could try is installing PocketMusic and up the decode thread priority to max to see if that fixes the music skipping problem. That would at least narrow down where the issue is.

www.pocketmind.com/files/pmusic.zip
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast