Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by setite
    damn your right... you know... i love my treo... but im beginning to feel cheated ... i haven't whined about the RAM thing yet... and I have worked around the resolution... and I even held my tongue when they with held a2dp with aku2... but now im wondering if i need to ebay this phone.... bah im just talking doom talk... i'll give this some time.. but im wondering what the problem is... i cant fully tell... i cant get a reading on cpu/mem load since im showing 0% cpu and the ram isnt fluctuating.... i wish my phone could handle the 6xx speed... anyone able to boot to that speed who can test this?
    I'm feeling the same way as you are. There are a lot of things that I have fallen in love with about the 700 (mainly phone quality, & one handed use), but many things are starting to really bother me. The fact that bluetooth/voice command, memory/battery issues, and for me the many of the functionality problems I have ran into. I have only owned this phone for a little over a month and have been through three already. I want this phone to work for me, but the 6700 and i730 are starting to look all the more attractive. Who knows I am getting another treo on saturday and hopefully it will work more stable than my prior two and I will be happy, but if not I'm definetly going to try out the 6700 and see how it is.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    agreed.. the battery issue just hit home today... i think it was because i left evdo on... took phone off charger at 4:30 am and it was below 5% at 9 oclock. Ya... 5 hours.. fuggin lovely... luckily i already have a spare battery... at this rate i may have to buy TWO extended batteries... but im cheap... ill probably just ebay a 3rd standard battery... ya im cheap, with a 500$ phone

im at a loss from forum searchings for a fix... this is annoying.... now its just up to a genius to find the answer.. it just looks like the geniuses here aren't catching on to this thread... i don't see the usual people interested in a2dp commenting on the hack...
    Quote Originally Posted by setite
    agreed.. the battery issue just hit home today... i think it was because i left evdo on... took phone off charger at 4:30 am and it was below 5% at 9 oclock. Ya... 5 hours.. fuggin lovely... luckily i already have a spare battery... at this rate i may have to buy TWO extended batteries... but im cheap... ill probably just ebay a 3rd standard battery... ya im cheap, with a 500$ phone

im at a loss from forum searchings for a fix... this is annoying.... now its just up to a genius to find the answer.. it just looks like the geniuses here aren't catching on to this thread... i don't see the usual people interested in a2dp commenting on the hack...
    I'm really curious on the time frame before all of these road bumps will be smoothed out? I understand that its a new device and there are definetly going to be hick ups with it. But a lot of these are hindering the ability to function on a day to day basis, without either contacting the WDTS or stopping into the corporate store. Luckily I have a CS rep who is very understanding and is willing to work with me on getting the phones fixed. What kind of time frame does everyone think it will be before these types of issues will be a thing of the past?
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...inmo-5-0-aku2/

Is this what you guys are testing on the 700w for A2DP?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    yes, that is the hack we are using
    I hear you guys complaints. I have some I have been holding back also. I love all the things that this phone can do but at this point I simply expect that the more aphone can do then the more that can go wrong with it. I had the Treo 300 when it first came out and then the Treo 600 when it first came out. When you are an early adopter for these devices you pay the price of bugs. By the time the Treo 650 came out the Treo 600 was pretty stable and additional programs had been created to fill the functionality gaps. So the late buyers were unaware of the rocky start.

For me it's always been worth the bugs for all the things you can do with this phone that you can't do with 95% of the other phones out there (still holds true today). What other phone can do all of this:

FTP
    Remote Access to PC
    IRC
    Chat on multiple services
    PIM
    Email
    GPS
    Create Office documents
    Pictures
    Record Video
    Record Voice
    Play music
    Play movies
    Play great games
    Ebooks
    and you can add a list of different industry specific applications that suit your needs. I am a loan officer so I use loan apps and some excel sheets I created and downloaded.

Plus I store all sorts of docs and applications I might need since I can access them at anytime with Cardf Export.

I am sure I missed something but one of my favorite uses is PDAnet. I know will have internet for my laptop at almost anytime.

For me, most of my frustration is coming from the lack of independent development that is being done for the Treo 700. If we had the number of guys creating solutions that we had for the 300, 600, and 650 we probably would already have most of our issues resolved. That part is very disappointing. I didn't expect the lack of independent support at all.

Alright back to the subject...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I agree with BigTreo. The 700w is overall a very nice device, and that's coming from someone who switched from Blackberry after many years. When I first got this device (700w) in late January, I was very pleased with the sheer amount of things it could do, and do rather well (not to mention PdaNet, which works exceptionally well). With MSFP finally added, I would say the 700w with Exchange SP2 are now equal, if not superior, to running BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), and an organization doesn't have to shell out thousands for 3rd party software. Heck, I'm amazed to see users trying to add something that's not yet supported on the device (A2DP). Sure, it'll be great when it's working, but the plus side is that it can actually be added...eventually. (don't try that with a Blackberry!)
    Well I have done everything I can think of and I can't get this to work properly. Like you guys, I can get my HT820 to pair and the sound quality is quite good, however I get the skipping every few seconds.

I tried getting access to the Universal version of the files but was unable to get them so I am still hopefull that those .dll files might fix the problem (yes I know this hack works on the Apache which is Xscale).

-Mashie
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I think the biggest problem with this phone compared to other Verizon phones is the signal strength. It's just crappy. Everything else I can deal with. And in time hopefully everything will get fixed. But I have to go with BigTreo, this phone can do great things.
    Will someone post a solution to this problem already. I'm ready to watch a movie in stereo sound to impress all of my friends.
    Watching HBO via my Slingplayer with stereo audio over BT headphones would be really impressive. My friends are already impressed that I can play TV over my Treo, but having A2DP would be icing on the cake!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    screw impressing friends.. how about just making the device do what the previous gen can do...i want to see the teo 700w do what the 650 can do.. a2dp being one of them... and does anyone know a good way to access my pc's mp3s over evdo... been using orb but its slow **** for me... takes like a up to two mins for a song to start playing.. this does not cut it for ipod killing... if you know something better.. lemme know... even if its not free... i need to be able to have control over my mp3s and be able to stream them.... and i need to it to be acceptably fast.. my pc's pipe is fast enough for what i want.. so is my PC... so why is orb so slow to stream a song... perhaps it is a buffer issue or speed to start encoding... please help me around this... with this and a2dp my ipod will be useless and up for sale
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    can someone explain to me why they want a2dp so bad. whats so bad about a wire. this seems like it will kill battery extremely quick as well.

as for orb...it streams super quick for me. no buffering probs. this includes videos. i just dont see the need for wireless headphones.
    For mp3's I simply sync my playlists to my 4gig storage card. I haven't tried streaming via orb yet, but I would imagine the quality would suffer at times due to EVDO signal issues. Btw I noticed that zipzoomfly has droped the price on the A-Data 4gig card to $99.

Why do we want a2dp so bad? Because wires suck and a2dp is a technology that is available and should be doable on the Treo.
    Damn right...

BTW, I'm sure the treo wouldn't last this long...but my headphones last the whole day at work (6hrs or so).
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    i want a2dp because its my god-given right, thats why. because my phone has access to media sources that my ipod will never have and i would love to be able to listen to those wirelessly. i have ALWAYS hated wired headphones...

plus one of these days my lazy *** will find a way to interface the a2dp with my car stereo which means i will simply never run out of things to listen to between Sirius Satellite Radio and my Treo700w
    Wooo Hoooo, finally got it working. (I know, I'm a little slow) I'm having the same issues as everyone else with the audio pausing frequently. But it works!
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    Congrats Vash, welcome to our world of pain
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    off topic alert

hella just watched the entire TriGun series last night.... completely skipped sleeping to watch it all in one sitting... I can barely press my treo keys which btw are annoyingly stiff.... I blame you Vash the Humanoid Typhoon
    If I have brought VTS to just one person, then my life has had meaning. :-)

If you liked VTS you would probably like the "Hellsing" series as well.
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast