1.    #1  
    Does anyone know why my subfolders of my inbox are not getting emails as they arrive? My inbox gets them fine but anything that is recieved and has a rule to move it to a subfolder does not get pushed to my phone. I have to manually do a sync to get those items to arrive. It is a pretty big issue I can't believe other people are not having this problem or saying anything if they do.
    That could be a setting on yrou phone. It works perfectly on my Treo.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    You have no excuse to not be synchronized.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC1
    That could be a setting on yrou phone. It works perfectly on my Treo.
    If that is true do you know where to look? This is driving me crazy

Edit:

It is working for me now so I am really confused. It doesn’t notify me but they are pushed. I know before they wouldn’t be there until I did a sync. What is crazy is now I don’t see the sync circle like I did. It is like something just happened and it is working right. I have no clue what though. I didn’t do a damn thing.
    Last edited by flea2k; 04/24/2006 at 04:53 PM.
    ok...try this...
    go to your email (messages) in your Treo (NOT ActiveSync) >
    Click Menu > Click Tools > Manage Folders >
    Highlight and put a check mark near each folder you want synched.

That should do it! Let me know.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    Good post and good fix! I noticed that the folders were missing and just assumed it was a bug in the system. Those boxes should be checked by default.
    Yes...I agree. I think they are not checked due to a couple of factors that are important:
    - storage on the Treo
    - wireless data connection
    If they reduce the amount of data synced...their tech support calls are minimized.
    I am glad we helped!
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The next question is: How do we get a notification when new items arrive in those subfolders? I haven't figured that one out yet and no one has had any advice either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    The next question is: How do we get a notification when new items arrive in those subfolders? I haven't figured that one out yet and no one has had any advice either.
    ditto...kind of defeats the purpose of organizing if you can't get the notification that there's new messages :-\
    Well...the only way email would arrive in a subfolder is through rules created in Outlook (or email client). Basically, you should close Outlook when you leave your computer. Otherwise...everything should be in your inbox which will sync with your Treo.
    The Message Center
    www.themessagecenter.com
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    What I meant was not that items are not showing up in the subfolders, which never was my issue, since I knew I had to check the boxes in the email client. Rather, when those items arrive in the subfolders to the Inbox there is no audible notification. There is a notification if items arrive in the Inbox itself but not for any of the subfolders. It is like showing up at someone's front door with gifts and forgetting to ring the bell.
    What I meant was not that items are not showing up in the subfolders, which never was my issue, since I knew I had to check the boxes in the email client. Rather, when those items arrive in the subfolders to the Inbox there is no audible notification. There is a notification if items arrive in the Inbox itself but not for any of the subfolders. It is like showing up at someone's front door with gifts and forgetting to ring the bell.
    Bump....anybody figured this out yet? I really need to use rules and subfolders and not getting a notification on a subfolder is CRAZY STUPID on MS part. I can't believe there isn't a setting for this somewhere? The whole "rules" in Outlook/Exchange is such a big selling point I can't believe that MS didn't add this to PPC which they are trying to market to the same users.

I guess one way to make it work is use rules to put a copy of everything in to the appropriate subfolder, but keep the original in your inbox so you get the notification and then you just delete that when it comes in? What a pain! It's almost like the days when people had SMS sent by their email client that they had a new email and then you could manually go check the email on your phone (before the days of "triggered" sms)

Aaaargh
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    I posted about this the very first day that PUSH became available for the 700w. Never got an answer on it. I was forced to go and delete all the rules I had setup on MSES email so I wouldn't have to keep checking my subfolders for new messages when I was away from my desk. I just have to spend a few minutes filing my messages in the appropriate folders when get back to my desk... totally defeats the purpose of PUSH, IMO
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    It should definitely be an option.. but I like how it works now so have never had an issue.... I only want things that go into my inbox to trigger a notification as my subfolders are for newsletters, spam, etc...and if those were set to notify me my device would be beeping every other minute.

…between the two the way it works now is better IMO (at least for me) but I agree that the decision should have been left up to the user.
    Still no fix on this? I am in the same boat. I want a notification when a specific subfolder gets a message.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I agree that it would be nice to have audible notification for mail that arrives to an Inbox Sub-folder. However, I first noticed this same behavior with Outlook 2003. It appears Pocket Outlook on the 700w is simply behaving the same way the Outlook client on workstations behaves. (Which is still annoying)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Outlook definitely give ,e a notification for new items in subfolders. I wish the device provided that as an option. Maybe it will be in an upcoming update.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Outlook definitely give ,e a notification for new items in subfolders. I wish the device provided that as an option. Maybe it will be in an upcoming update.
    Which version of Outlook are you running on your workstation?
    Looks like I am not the only one in this boat. To answer Mixman, I am running Outlook 2003, and I get notification on my laptop Outlook. However, on my device, like everybody else, nothing on Sub-folders. I think the missing piece is the "unread mail" folder that Outlook 2003 offers (also on OWA), I don't see this as an option.

Somebody suggested closing Outlook so nothing filters... might work for some, however, in my case, all of my rules are Server Side Rules, so, whether it is open or closed, it will still file.

Just having moved off of the Blackberry, which would show all mail items, I find this very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogroll
    I am running Outlook 2003...
    Just having moved off of the Blackberry, which would show all mail items, I find this very frustrating.
    That's funny, when I finally upgraded the workstations in my office to 2003, everybody complained that their subfolders stopped notification of new messages. I was told by a very trusted IT source (aka my brother-n-law) that the behavior is typical of 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. Perhaps not?

As for the Blackberry notifications, if I remember correctly, Blackberry would certainly notify the user of any & all incoming messages, but don't the devices typically show all incoming messages in just one folder? I remember being able to access a folder list, but I thought the default was just a single Inbox for display purposes?

My workaround has been similar to a previous poster...I have turned off some of my server-side rules so the only sub-folders are for items I only want to check every so often.