1.    #1  
    When you download a program....do you have to save in the "Device" so the program can run or can you save it in the SD Card? I like to save as much memory in the Device as possible. TIA!
    Melissa you can save to the SD card and most programs will run without any problems off the SD card. I have read of one or two programs that ran more optimally off of the device but I can't recall which those were.
    Treo 700w
    Just a couple notes about installing programs. Generally speaking if is an *.exe file, it need to be run from your desktop/laptop to be installed (if you get an error message that is not a win app, then that exe file probably needs to be run from the handheld).

If it is a *.cab file, it must be run from the handheld.

Yes, on a WM device nearly any program can be run from a memory card....but sometimes with the sacrifice of speed. So, the rule I use is:

MEMORY: All apps that are system related utility, today screen plugins, driver, apps I use several times on a daily basis.

SD CARD: Everything else, included games, maps for my GPS, any non essential apps, etc...

I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Just a couple notes about installing programs. Generally speaking if is an *.exe file, it need to be run from your desktop/laptop to be installed (if you get an error message that is not a win app, then that exe file probably needs to be run from the handheld).

If it is a *.cab file, it must be run from the handheld.

Yes, on a WM device nearly any program can be run from a memory card....but sometimes with the sacrifice of speed. So, the rule I use is:

MEMORY: All apps that are system related utility, today screen plugins, driver, apps I use several times on a daily basis.

SD CARD: Everything else, included games, maps for my GPS, any non essential apps, etc...

I hope this helps.
    Thanks Hobbes, that is helpful.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks!!!