Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I need some clarification if possible. If I have access to my work email via OWA on my PC, is it possible to setup Exchange Activesync and access via my 700w, or do I specifically need OMA access into our Exchange Server (2003/SP2)?

I can access my work email via OWA in PIE, but have had no luck on my 700w configuring Exchange Activesync (using the same domain, user, etc). Is it possible that my IT dept. has blocked OMA access but allow OWA? I have tried and tried to get the info from them (IT dept), but no response.

I have checked through several threads here and other forums, but must admit it is confusing.

Are there PPC applications that pull email via OWA access? I have also tried Verizon's WirelessSync, but am not too thrilled with it. I simply want a way to be able to view and reply to my work emails, if possible.

Thanks for any info. This forum is great.
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    In short mmyton yes.. your Exchange server must be configured to allow ActiveSync (i.e. OMA). ActiveSync and OWA (outlook web access) are two different things.

fwiw
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks. I am aware that OWA and OMA are two separate things, but my confusion began when I saw some postings stating that if the user only had access to OWA, they could still access their email via Exchange Activesync. Doesn't sound like this is the case.

Thanks again for the information.