Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's the best way to rig your car so that your treo can utilize its stereo speakers? Is this even possible with minimal effort?
    Three ways I've done this:

1. Via a cassette player adapter
    2. Via a portable wireless FM broadcaster
    3. Via a direct plug-in to an AUX jack in your car stereo

You will need the appropriate 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter for the Treo, but otherwise they all take the same anount of effort: Plug in Treo, play music.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have a direct plug in like Kupe mentions above. Excellent way to get conference calls through your car speakers. (Hands free)

D
    I currently have mine setup with an FM transmitter right now, but I really don't like it. It's too much effort to plug in my phone, power on the transmitter & tune in to the proper station, everytime I get in my car. Besides, in LA there are no open frequencies anyway.

This is why A2DP is so important with me. Then it will be possible to buy a bluetooth hands free car kit that supports A2DP and run everything totally wireless.
    "I have a full backup ...
    and I'm not afraid to use it."

Vash
    When I bought my new car, I got a 3rd party Sony head unit that has an aux jack on the front of it. So I listen to MP3's, streaming music, and can answer the phone all through the stereo speakers.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by VashTheStampeed
    I currently have mine setup with an FM transmitter right now, but I really don't like it. It's too much effort to plug in my phone, power on the transmitter & tune in to the proper station, everytime I get in my car. Besides, in LA there are no open frequencies anyway.

This is why A2DP is so important with me. Then it will be possible to buy a bluetooth hands free car kit that supports A2DP and run everything totally wireless.

A Trigun fan!! Cool!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a FM transmitter/USB Flas drive MP3 player that has an input for connecting other devices, such as CD Player, Ipod, other MP3 player to it. This past weekend, I downloaded an audio book to my Treo 700W, connected the Streo output to the FM transmitter and listened to the audio book, using Windows Media Player, on my drive between Concord, NH and Hyannis Mass and back. This worked well. I also use my Treo 700W as an MP3 Player. I tried out a few tunes this way and it worked fine. There was a small problem. If the Treo 700W was plugged in to DC power there was a fair amount of static. However, I litened to the audio book on the Treo 700W for nearly 5 hours (round trip) made 5 phone calls (total 14 minutes) and still had 68% of battery power left.

BYW, this is after the update which went flawlessly and took 22 minutes, and 34 seconds.

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Where are you huys getting the hardware for all this? I can't seem to find anything that is compatible with the 700.

Well I just found the FM Transmitter. But what kind of cables are you using for your AUX jack on your Stereos.
    This is the sony head unit I bought and got installed from Best Buy.
    http://sm.crutchfield.com/S-5ofVI4PW...300&I=158GT100

It has a 2.5MM aux jack on the front of it. Then I just got an adapter from here:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm

Then just a cable with 2 female 2.5MM ends and connect the adapter to the stereo.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I also have this from when I bought my MP3 Player.
    Belkin FM TuneCast
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=166893

I'm guessing I could probobly connect that to the adapter on the phone and listen to it that way but I haven't tested that.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I picked up my cable from Radio Shack. Not too fancy. Just gets the job done.

D
    That's exactly where I got my cable to go from the stereo and the adapter.
    I don't exactly have an AUX input in my car. So I got it wired up through the CD changer. Just added a stereo cable inbetween the changer and the radio itself. So as long as I don't put a CD in the first slot, I can hit #1 and get the Treo, or whatever else I plug into the jack. It's a standard stereo one, and I have an adapter to use with the Treo.

Works quite well, I just play music off it. Don't really get all that many calls.
    I can confirm that the stereo adapter here:

does NOT produce stereo through a tape adapter in my car. I had to go get the one from Radio Shack for cheaper than this one anyway, and now I have stereo..
    AUX jack rules....use the ipod and the Treo..depending on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni
    I can confirm that the stereo adapter here:

does NOT produce stereo through a tape adapter in my car. I had to go get the one from Radio Shack for cheaper than this one anyway, and now I have stereo..
    I got a similar adapter from treocentral and found that you can't plug the male connector all the way in or you get mono. Are not all 3.5mm connectors the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    I don't exactly have an AUX input in my car. So I got it wired up through the CD changer. Just added a stereo cable inbetween the changer and the radio itself. So as long as I don't put a CD in the first slot, I can hit #1 and get the Treo, or whatever else I plug into the jack. It's a standard stereo one, and I have an adapter to use with the Treo.

Works quite well, I just play music off it. Don't really get all that many calls.
    Ah, I had the same idea, but I wanted to connect a bluetooth adapter to my CD changer. Was hoping to figure out the a2dp issues with the treo to use with it. In the meantime I'll just use an a2dp dongle.
  18. DJH
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    When I bought my new car, I got a 3rd party Sony head unit that has an aux jack on the front of it. So I listen to MP3's, streaming music, and can answer the phone all through the stereo speakers.
    How do you answer calls through the speakers???
    The audio is pumped through the speakers and I just talk at the phone or hold it up to my mouth.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    The problem I had wiht my FM Transmitter is that the bass from the music just sounded horrible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast