Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. DJH
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    The audio is pumped through the speakers and I just talk at the phone or hold it up to my mouth.
    Got it! I would have been really impressed if somehow your stereo speakers could understand you..... Thanks for the info. I have the Sirius S50 and while I love the recordability of the device, I never thought about using the 700W to stream live (the portability lacking on the S50). I don't have the 700w just yet!!! Deciding on whether to wait for my Cingular contract to expire in Sept, or take the leap now.
    I have two cars. One with navigation,xm,dvd,cd the works. Don't need TREO because the cd player plays mp3 format cd's. The other car, well lets just say the TREO is the stereo, check that mono.

As far as hook ups, first responder covered the options
    Cassette adapters (yuck!)
    FM transmitters (little less yuck)
    Direct audio hook ups though AUX jack (best way to go)
    RCA plug (if your unit has an input of that nature)

That is assuming you have a AUX jack or RCA input. Radio Shack has any number of plugs to make any conceivable wire you need. One end for the treo is 2.5mm, the other in all likely hood will be 3.5mm or RCA plug if you have that connection.
    I'm about to install the direct interface for 650 into my car (650 has the same connector as 700).
    I plan it to charge 650, have CD sounds and be controllable via car stereo buttons. For now I will try my Golf but some other cars can also be supported.
    The only problem is to write a plugin for TCPMP, which could take little longer than making an interface itself
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    The audio is pumped through the speakers and I just talk at the phone or hold it up to my mouth.
    I get feedback (echo) when I have my volume too loud when I do this. Otherwise works well.

D
    I was thinking of getting this for my car if I knew the 700w would be able to work on it

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WH1DTm9...h&i=130DEHP980

From what I read, the bluetooth on the 700w wont stream music since it doesn't support a2dp; not sure if that kills the phone connection too.

Oh well.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyCo
    I was thinking of getting this for my car if I knew the 700w would be able to work on it

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WH1DTm9...h&i=130DEHP980

From what I read, the bluetooth on the 700w wont stream music since it doesn't support a2dp; not sure if that kills the phone connection too.

Oh well.

TC
    The phone connection should work, but you are correct that the 700w doesn't support a2dp yet so you can't stream music directly from it. I don't know how Palm and many other pda device manufacturers missed the boat with a2dp.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12