1.    #1  
    Recently I saw on ebay a spectec wifi card that has both b/g connections. I was wondering if anyone has ever used one of these and how they rank?

Also, I remember hearing back in January that socket was supposed to come out with a dual wifi/memory sd card. Has anyone heard anything since? Or if this will be compatible with the 700w?

What is everyone's preference on wifi cards, do some rank higher then others?
    I haven't heard about the Socket dual card you are talking about, but I did buy a Socket e330 SD Wi-Fi card. Beware, it does NOT support WPA even though the add I saw said it did.
    I bought the same card and it does not work with WPA. The Socket people told me that they were "working on the issue". That was about a month ago. Generally they seem to have problems. People on their bboards are reporting that it often works better if you hold it with your fingers, thereby using your body as an antenna. Others are trying tricks with aluminum foil. Doesn't seem ready for prime time to me.

The Palm card, while bulkier, works for me, including WPA-PSK.

Neither card supports g, however.
  4. c0w
    are you guys sure you guys aren't talking about the Socket Go Wi-Fi E300?

Devices: HTC Mogul, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, mpx200
    Accessories: Spectec SD Wifi card, Piel Frama case, Globalsat Bluetooth GPS Receiver, Socket Go WiFi! E300
    That is the card we are talking about.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i read this post too late. i bought the socket e300 and had to return it back to buy.com and buy the palm wifi. i wish the palm wifi was a little shorter.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i read this post too late. i bought the socket e300 and had to return it back to buy.com and buy the palm wifi. i wish the palm wifi was a little shorter.

Was that recently? I just ordered one for my soon to be 700wx. They just released new WM5 drivers on 8/1. I'm hoping a lot of problems are fixed.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro